Summary: The Senior Accountant works closely with the Assistant Controller to manage the accounting operations of the company. NOTE: This position does allow for hybrid work.
· Monthly general ledger reconciliations.
· Compiling assigned areas of management reporting package.
· Maintaining and developing system controls for ensuring data integrity.
· Participation in physical inventory process.
· Coordinate with accounts payable and provide reports for weekly payments needed to be processed via electronic wire.
· Perform daily and monthly bank reconciliation.
· Review of monthly overhead expense variances against budget.
· Serves as the point person for costing and evaluation of inventory including monthly inventory reconciliations, while reviewing standard and actual costs for inaccuracies and adjusting accordingly.
· Preparing internal monthly management reports.
· Contributing to the annual operating budgeting process through analysis.
· Assisting with various external audits as needed.
· To apply the financial policies and procedures of the company and bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management.
· Other analyses and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from a four-year college or university
- A minimum of three (3) years public/private accounting experience
- CPA licensure or master’s degree in an accounting related field is a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, auditors, and vendors.