Summary: The Accounts Payable Administrator will be responsible for efficiently performing the assigned aspects of the accounts payable process. NOTE: This position does allow for hybrid work.
· Completes payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
· Obtains approvals from appropriate personnel before processing invoices.
· Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
· Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports, recording entries.
· Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling, and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
· Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
· Issues stop-payments on checks and voids checks when needed.
· Set up expense reporting software for employees.
· Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
· Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
· Maintains historical records by filing documents.
· Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
· Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
· Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or related field is a must.
· Experience in accounts payable preferred.
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
· Critical thinker, active listener, and effective time manager.
· Ability to operate in a confidential, professional, positive team atmosphere.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
· Must be a team oriented, problem solver.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
· Strong attention to detail and solid analytical skills a must.
· Proficiency with computerized accounting software as well as Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Ability to collaborate with internal and external teams.