Invariant is expanding, and we are seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our growing team.
We are looking for an experienced professional to support and coordinate essential Human Resources functions at the firm. You will report to the Chief People Officer and work closely with our talented employees to support our people and build on our strong culture.
We are a top-ranked, woman-owned government relations and strategic communications firm consulting with established Fortune 500 companies and new, disruptive start-ups, as well as government organizations and non-profits. You will work in a dynamic environment, providing valuable support to our employees and elevating the firm as a whole.
Invariant is a different kind of firm. We look at communications, public affairs, government relations, and business strategy holistically. You will do challenging, impactful work here. If that sounds interesting to you, come join us.
What you’ll do:
- Support full lifecycle employee and HR processes including but not limited to promotions, performance management processes, year-end compensation, engagement survey roll-out, manager excellence, exits, and other recurring people processes.
- Execute operational processes and services with a focus on customer service and the employee experience.
- Cultivate high-functioning teams by managing new hire orientation, maintaining current new hire orientation materials and presentations.
- Possess a keen understanding of the overarching strategy of the business to support the delivery of business and HR goals.
- Organize and deliver regular reporting; analyze data and effectively organize and present findings to drive data-backed HR strategy. Draw analysis-based conclusions and collaborate with the CPO on innovative solutions.
- Support ongoing process improvement to allow for greater efficiency and scaling of activities and initiatives.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Provide policy guidance.
- Assist in the administration of benefits.
- Participate in special projects to ensure effective delivery of HR initiatives and services.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality.
Who you are:
- 4+ years’ experience in a human resources role.
- Ability to set and manage priorities, plan, organize, prioritize, and multi-task a variable workload with strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of commonly used HR concepts, practices, and laws.
- Expertise bringing a lens of inclusivity and emotional intelligence to all interactions with colleagues.
- Unrelenting drive to seek what can be improved and offer ways to fix potential roadblocks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Asana and applicant-tracking software preferred.
The firm offers unlimited vacation time, generous health care and retirement benefits, and advancement opportunities.
Invariant is committed to creating a diverse culture and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.