Invariant, a bipartisan government relations and communications firm providing strategic advice to companies, trade associations, non-profits, and individuals, seeks a senior lobbyist with strong ties to Democrat members to join our growing financial services practice.
What you will do
- Develop and implement federal advocacy strategies for Fortune 500 companies, trade associations, and others
- Represent clients on Capitol Hill, within the Executive Branch including the Executive Office of the President, federal financial regulatory agencies, in industry coalitions, and at other policy functions
- Research and draft policy updates, issue papers, one pagers, and other collateral for distribution to clients as well as to Capitol Hill, the Administration, and other external audiences
- Spot issues and disseminate timely information to clients
- Contribute to and participate in business development efforts
Who you are
- 10 or more years of experience on Capitol Hill and/or relevant government affairs organizations
- Familiarity with the federal legislative process and understanding of federal agencies and relevant third parties and associations
- Demonstrated expertise in financial services issues
- Ability to translate client priorities to federal policymakers and vice versa
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Comfortable and adaptive when working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Solid communication skills and ability to manage both up and down
Salary commensurate with experience. The firm offers unlimited vacation time, generous health care and retirement benefits, and advancement opportunities.