Want to work at a fast-growing startup? Are you interested in politics, tech, and getting things done? Are you a natural air traffic controller? Are you able to keep multiple plates in the air? Do you thrive as a member of a team? Do you hate to lose?
Invariant, a bipartisan government relations and communications firm, seeks an Executive Assistant to the founder and CEO to join our growing team. You will serve as a strategic partner and force multiplier – the “glue” that lets our CEO do her best work and keeps the whole firm moving forward.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a liaison between the CEO and internal/external stakeholders
- Schedule and manage the CEO’s calendar and coordinate meeting preparation to meet organizational priorities, goals, and objectives
- Act as an air traffic controller to triage the CEO’s workflow
- Manage and draft emails, correspondence, and documents
- Support business development efforts, board activities, and fundraising
- Organize travel arrangement
- Manage special projects
Who you are:
- You are a creative and results-driven problem solver with superior attention to detail
- You have strong project management skills
- You create clarity out of ambiguity
- You must have excellent writing and communication skills
- You can balance competing priorities, work efficiently and independently, and manage up to the CEO
- You should have a proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management and the ability to work strategically and collaboratively across teams.
This is not an entry-level position. You should have 2+ years of experience on Capitol Hill; doing campaign work, public relations, or fundraising; or supporting the head of a government relations or trade association office, with a proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management and the ability to work strategically and collaboratively across teams.
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. The firm offers unlimited vacation time and generous health care and retirement benefits.