Location: Houston, TX
Ambient Fuels, based in Brooklyn, New York, is a pure play developer in the rapidly growing green hydrogen space in the United States and Canada. We are passionate about our mission of decarbonizing hard to abate sectors like heavy industry. We develop electrolytic hydrogen production plants custom designed for the needs of our customers, and our business plan is to build, own, and operate a fleet of these projects. We bring together the development, technology, design, offtake marketing, finance, construction, and operational disciplines to reliable deliver on our customer commitments, and are building a team with roots in renewable energy as well as traditional energy sectors. For more information, visit https://ambientfuels.com/.
Ambient Fuels is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship.
This role is a position requiring a driven, self-starter with a passion for industrial decarbonization. In this role, the successful candidate will lead development efforts in the United States and Canada and build a pipeline of investable projects in line with the company's strategic goals. This person will lead and interact with internal subject matter experts, outside service providers, our customers, landowners, regulators, public officials, and the general public in furtherance of these goals.
- Advance projects through land acquisition, offtake contracting, renewable power supply contracting, interconnection, permitting, financing, and all other steps required to reach notice to proceed.
- Work with project development teams consisting of both internal and external resources to achieve project objectives on time and on budget.
- Become an expert in assigned market segments and help drive company strategy and origination efforts in these segments.
- Manage all inputs to the project proforma and monitor project economic projections.
- Constantly assess and mitigate development risks and provide investment recommendations in advance of key milestones.
- Promote and maintain a positive reputation and image of the company in the industry as a whole and especially in the local communities in which we operate.
- Maintain project budgets, schedules, Salesforce reporting, capital approvals, proformas, and other internal reporting and documentation.
- Proven track record of developing and advancing project opportunities that were successfully built and now operating.
- Exposure to heavy industry (refining, ammonia, chemicals, industrial gases, etc.) a strong plus
- Proven ability to work across cross-functional teams
- Self-starter: energetic, positive, and enthusiastic.
- Experience across the spectrum of disciplines necessary for successful development - engineering, economics, markets and origination, finance, regulation.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Highly ethical, professional, able to work in and respect diverse groups, and a commitment to team success.
Salary range:$140,000 to $180,000 annual base salary plus target bonus. This represents an estimated range and is subject to change based on specific candidate considerations.