Location: Houston / Brooklyn / Remote
Ambient Fuels, based in Brooklyn, New York, is a pure play developer in the rapidly growing green hydrogen space in the United States and Canada. We are passionate about our mission of decarbonizing hard to abate sectors like heavy industry. We develop electrolytic hydrogen production plants custom designed for the needs of our customers, and our business plan is to build, own, and operate a fleet of these projects. We bring together the development, technology, design, offtake marketing, finance, construction, and operational disciplines to reliable deliver on our customer commitments, and are building a team with roots in renewable energy as well as traditional energy sectors. For more information, visit https://ambientfuels.com/.
Ambient Fuels is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship.
This role is a leadership position requiring a driven, self-starter with a passion for industrial decarbonization. The company’s business model requires a financeable customer offtake for our product, and in this role, the successful candidate will lead our origination efforts and build a pipeline of customer offtake that supports the company’s goal of 300 MW in operation by 2025 and a total pipeline of over 3,000 MW. This person will lead all customer-facing activities and lead both our internal team as well as outside service providers and partners in furtherance of these goals, and will build a capable origination function in the company.
- Build a capable origination function including personnel, systems, materials, external partners, and processes.
- Create and execute an origination strategy that maximizes the successful customer capture in our business including target sectors, product offering, and lead generation channels.
- Generate new green hydrogen offtake opportunities to build an offtake pipeline to meet the company’s goals.
- Advance customer contacts through marketing, initial customer contact, indicative and firm proposals, through final contracting.
- Relentlessly drive opportunities to closed deals with both internal and external focus and attention.
- Maintain a high level of engagement and visibility with our customers and the market generally, promoting the company as the supplier of choice.
- Monitor the market and adapt our strategies, product offerings, or terms and conditions as required to be competitive.
- Lead our internal processes for proposal generation, opportunity tracking, etc. and report to management on progress.
- Proven track record of originating, negotiating, and closing on energy deals that led to successful projects
- Exposure to heavy industry (refining, ammonia, chemicals, industrial gases, etc.) and sales of industrial gases or other industrial energy products a plus
- Proven ability to build, lead, and manage cross-functional teams
- Self-starter: energetic, positive, and enthusiastic.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Highly ethical, professional, able to work in and respect diverse groups, and a commitment to team success.