Location: Houston / Western US / Remote
Ambient Fuels, based in Brooklyn, New York, is a pure play developer in the rapidly growing green hydrogen space in the United States and Canada. We are passionate about our mission of decarbonizing hard to abate sectors like heavy industry. We develop electrolytic hydrogen production plants custom designed for the needs of our customers, and our business plan is to build, own, and operate a fleet of these projects. We bring together the development, technology, design, offtake marketing, finance, construction, and operational disciplines to reliable deliver on our customer commitments, and are building a team with roots in renewable energy as well as traditional energy sectors. For more information, visit https://ambientfuels.com/.
Ambient Fuels is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship.
This role is a leadership position requiring a driven, self-starter with a passion for industrial decarbonization. In this role, the successful candidate will lead our development efforts in the western United States and Canada and build a pipeline of investable projects and contribute to the company’s goal of 300 MW in operation by 2025 and a total pipeline of over 3,000 MW. This person will lead and interact with internal subject matter experts, outside service providers, our customers, landowners, regulators, public officials, and the general public in furtherance of these goals.
- Generate new green hydrogen project opportunities to build a project pipeline to meet the company’s goals.
- Advance projects through land acquisition, offtake contracting, renewable power supply contracting, interconnection, permitting, financing, and all other steps required to reach notice to proceed.
- Form project development teams consisting of both internal and external resources and lead them to achieve project objectives on time and on budget.
- Maintain a high level of engagement with our customers, suppliers, and potential partners on both existing opportunities as well as in support of the company’s broader origination activities.
- Become an expert in assigned market segments and help drive company strategy and origination efforts in these segments.
- Manage all inputs to the project proforma and monitor project economic projections.
- Constantly assess and mitigate development risks and provide investment recommendations in advance of key milestones.
- Promote and maintain a positive reputation and image of the company in the industry as a whole and especially in the local communities in which we operate.
- Maintain project budgets, schedules, Salesforce reporting, capital approvals, proformas, and other internal reporting and documentation.
- Proven track record of originating, developing, and closing project opportunities that were successfully built and now operating, particularly in the western United States and Canada.
- Exposure to heavy industry (refining, ammonia, chemicals, industrial gases, etc.) a strong plus
- Proven ability to build, lead, and manage cross-functional teams
- Self-starter: energetic, positive, and enthusiastic.
- Experience across the spectrum of disciplines necessary for successful development - engineering, economics, markets and origination, finance, regulation.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Highly ethical, professional, able to work in and respect diverse groups, and a commitment to team success.