Job Summary – Field Trainer
Atlona is seeking an experienced Field Trainer with a strong knowledge of professional audio-visual technology, training best practices, learning management systems, product training curriculum creation, and content creation software. The Field Trainer is responsible for delivering product and technology training programs to our employees, partners, and customers. Working with the Atlona Marketing and Training team, the Field Trainer will create the content to be delivered as well as maintain all equipment used for training as well as demo equipment inventory used to train new hires and partners. Working from our parent company’s headquarters as a base, the Field Trainer will deliver factory product training and company overview content via live and recorded sessions at our training centers, partner facilities, trade events, and end-user locations. The Field Trainer will manage learner registration, testing, and certification administration through the Learning Management System (LMS) for instructor led coursework and will assist in the upload and curriculum maintenance in the LMS. This role will include 30-50% travel.
Location: Tinley Park, IL plus travel throughout North America.
- Primary responsibility will be the technical education on Atlona products and technology for all Atlona staff, partners and customers through live, hands-on training and instructor-led remote sessions
- The Field Trainer will be responsible for coordination and execution of North American regional and factory training events as well as coordination and execution of employee training as it relates to company products and associated technologies. This will Include working with other trainers to create training material, agendas, lab provisions and to assist in the coordination of attendee details Including lodging, airfare, travel, food and all other related activities. This position will also be responsible for updating all online schedules and registration sites and associated training surveys.
- The Field Trainer will be required to speak in front of live audiences, on webinars and other live forums
- The Field Trainer will create education content Including PowerPoint side decks and education videos. Deep knowledge of MS PowerPoint is required and proficiency in TechSmith and Adobe platforms is a plus.
- The Field Trainer will specify, build, manage, update and track all demo kits in the field and any and all related tasks associated with demo kit hardware, software, training, manuals and other related items. Deep knowledge of MS Excel is a must.
- The Field Trainer will assist in planning, designing, implementing and updating all training courses through both the Atlona LMS and live training events
- The Field Trainer will be responsible for planning, coordinating and handling logistics for all training events
- The Field Trainer will be responsible for maintaining an assigned training and expense budget
- The Field Trainer will coordinate with Sales management and local teams to create a regional training plan that meets the objectives of the Sales organization
- Generate weekly, quarterly, and yearly reporting metrics associated with Atlona training and certification including staff, partner, and dealer certification as well as product specific certification tied to sales programs
- Willingness to travel domestically between 30-50%
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Must have bachelor’s degree in an associated field, relevant AV industry certifications, or 5+ years’ experience as an AV industry employee in a hands-on position
- Hands on experience working with and creating education content for online learning management systems.
- Must have 4-6 years’ experience working with audio and video technologies with a deep understanding of these AV concepts: digital signals, HDMI, HDBaseT, IP networking, AV over IP, AV control and programming (assessment testing will be required to qualify the required skillset)
- Experience with media and video creation tools such as PowerPoint, Keynote, Camtasia, or similar tools
- Experience in sales training/education environment
- Experience in product training with field sales teams
- Experience in design and roll out of enterprise education programs
- Excellent computer skills, MS Office, LMS, and CRM applications
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be highly detail oriented
- Must be a self-starter, and have the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and sales skills
- Ability to speak to live audiences
- Ability to lift and move AV equipment and associated containers
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position including 30-50% travel
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Job position is located in Tinley Park, IL. Candidate must live within reasonable travel distance of the Atlona office and must be able to spend at least 50% of working time in the office.