Summary/Objective: Software Quality Assurance Engineer analyzes, and runs tests on new or modified software and firmware programs, including documentation, diagram and flowchart, and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines. This role designs, develops, and executes functional test cases using our Zephyr Scale test case management system. Additionally, this role runs in-depth testing, detects problems, recommends solutions, and determines if program requirements have been met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participates in complex design reviews of Product Requirements Documents (PRDs, which are specifications) by developing test plans and test cases, executing test cases, and identifying/ analyzing defects, questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens and content for Atlona products.
2. Understands complex software designs and tests software programs to ensure they meet complex design specifications. This includes reviewing computer logs and reports, and validating system and data files.
3. Documents, tracks and communicates software test plans, test results, analyses and unresolved problems.
4. Maintains testing software tools; test plans and scripts; and documentation of test findings.
5. Coordinates test activities including the use of resources outside of QA department.
6. Assist with training among Test Engineers and employees in other Atlona departments.
7. Contributes to establishing department processes, standards, procedures and practices.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education: Bachelor of Science in a technical field such as computer science, engineering, or hard science (chemistry, physics, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
Experience: At least 3 years experience in a software testing and quality assurance environment is required including:
- Test planning, execution and documentation with Jira and Zephyr or similar tools.
- Strong skills in network administration, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Experience with automated testing with Selenium and/or Python is preferred.
- Audio Visual (AV) industry experience preferred with most of the following:
· Source selection and switching
· Display control
· Audio DSP configuration and control
· Soft and hard codec conferencing solutions
· Cameras, sensors, relays, and other AV and control peripherals
· AVoverIP, HDBaseT, and HDMI technologies
ISTQB or ASTQB Foundation Level Certification
CCNA or equivalent vendor
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Location: We are interested in hiring individuals in this role at the following locations:
· San Jose, California
· Dallas, Texas
· Tinley Park, Illinois
Salary Range: Negotiable, based on skills, experience, and location.