Summary/Objective: Atlona is currently looking for a Quality Technician to perform inspections and calibrations on Video Matrix Switchers, AVoIP and Control Systems. You will be maintaining the day-to-day activities of the lab, ensure the company’s defined processes are performed consistently producing the highest quality services to both internal and external customers in a timely manner. You will be working closely with Technical Support, Hardware Engineering, Software QA and Supply Chain teams at Atlona’s San Jose, CA headquarter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
§ Perform incoming inspections and document all related information and help determine if the returned products are defective or not.
§ Assess customer returns and provide monthly feedback to management team.
§ Actively seek out and propose solutions to management of ways to improve quality of products, services, processes.
§ Coordinate and collaborate return processes with Technical Support and Shipping Department.
§ Update firmware and perform product burn-in.
§ Assemble units following defined procedure.
§ Contributes to establishing department processes, standards, procedures and practices.
Qualifications / Experience: At least 2 years of experience in similar role including some of the following skills:
- 1-2 years of professional work with Audio/Video equipment
- Professional troubleshooting skills
- NetSuite experience not required but a major plus
- Experience with installation, maintenance, and upgrade lab environment
- Experience in handling product warranties.
- Experience with assembling electronic products.
- Experience with cable termination for CAT 6A cabling and standards for wire care
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.