You've been working with Networked AV and AV systems for a few years or maybe for many years, long enough that you can put the pieces together blindfolded and with one hand tied behind your back. Okay, so we know that's not really possible. But you are a mid-level or senior AV System Engineer who knows AV control systems inside and out. You've been a road warrior, and now you're eager for better work/life balance, helping customers with your knowledge of design, installation, troubleshooting, and presentation. You are the ideal candidate for one of Atlona's Escalation / QA roles, since we are looking for experienced and advanced engineer to provide support to our growing list of clients.
What You'll Do:
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, EMEA, you will enjoy working at our new facility with its open floor plan, abundant parking and easy access to public transportation. Your mission as an Escalation/QA Engineer will be to delight our customers with your amazing service and your knowledge of our products and systems. Responsibilities for an Escalation engineer include:
· Support partners and dealers in development of Atlona AV and AV over IP Systems.
· Residence expert, provide escalation support and back up person for the support team.
· Perform QA and IO tests on golden samples for enhancements/upgrades to existing products
· Contact customers for general escalation support from Tier1/2, Provide pertinent data to progress the case up to case resolution of Atlona’s multi-range AV products, and clearly document those processes in the CRM system.
· Demonstrated strong interpersonal and cross-functional skills Strong planning, multi-tasking and organizational skills Must be able to quickly learn a broad array of technologies and apply knowledge to real-world problems High degree of customer-focused sensitivity towards both internal and external customers and partners
· Identify and prioritize issues based on severity level of customer issues oral communication skills
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 2 years as a Professional AV System designer – required, more is a plus
· CTS-D certification is a definite PLUS, preferably CTS General and an additional CTS Specialist certification
· Networking knowledge at CCENT/CCNA level, a certification is a definite PLUS
· Experience with CRM and/or trouble ticketing systems
· Experience with Linux and any scripting language
· Experience with AES67, Dante networks setup and troubleshooting
· Detail-oriented, team player with superb written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work in a dynamic and growing start-up environment
· Knowledge of HDMI, EDID, RS-232, IR, cabling (TP, UTP), TCP/IP.
Job Site: Franfurt, Germany.
Fluent in English (oral and written), at least one other language, more language(s) advantage