Summary/Objective: Software Quality Engineer analyzes, and runs tests on new or modified software and firmware programs, including documentation, diagram and flowchart, and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conforms to established guidelines. This role conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs. Additionally, this role runs in-depth testing, detects problems, recommends solutions, and determines if program requirements have been met.
Location: San Jose, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Participates in design reviews by developing test plans and scripts, creating test data, executing scripts, and identifying/ analyzing defects, questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens and content for Panduit supported products.Documents, tracks and communicates software test plans, test results, analyses and unresolved problems.Maintains testing software tools; test plans and scripts; and documentation of test findings.Tests software programs to ensure they meet design specifications. This includes reviewing computer logs and reports, and validating system and data files.Responds to inquiries from users and technical support regarding functions and operations of products.Contributes to establishing department processes, standards, procedures and practices.This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education: Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Management Information Systems or similar discipline
- At least 2 years’ experience in a software testing and quality assurance environment is required (also open to senior-level candidates commensurate with experience) including:
- Test planning, execution and documentation with Jira and Zephyr or similar tool.
- Experience with automated testing with Selenium, Python is preferred.
- Strong in network configurations/administration
- Audio Visual (AV) industry experience required with most of the followings.
- Display control
- Source selection and switching
- Audio DSP configuration and control
- Soft and hard codec conferencing solutions
- AVoverIP, HDBaseT, and HDMI technologies
- IR and RS232
- ISTQB or ASQ Software Tester Certification
This position has been filled.
Would you like to see our other open positions?