Atlona is investing in its capacity to service their clients in the AV control and automation markets. In doing so we are looking for you to take the lead in the management, development, & QA of all 3rd party Audio Video (AV) API protocols for our brand new, next generation AV control & automation product. You will be on the forefront of bleeding edge technology built on GO (Golang), React JS, & MongoDB.
Location: Kalamazoo, Mi.
· Develop one & two-way communication API Plug-ins for 3rd party manufacturers.
· Communicate with 3rd party engineers for API questions & suggestions & Demo Hardware.
· Certify API Plug-ins with real world AV equipment.
· Work within a high paced small software development team including providing feedback for plug-in requirements and other system suggestions.
· Work with bug tracking Redmine system.
· Work with Atlona Support team for API support & service.
Required / Desired Skills:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Understand the difference between Hex and Printable characters in the ASCII Table.
- Basic understanding on how to code and parse data using Java, Golang, C++, C#, or other strongly typed language.
- Ability to debug through reading log files.
- Understand JSON data formats.
- Understand how TCP, Telnet, UDP socket communication works at a high level.
- Ability to setup basic network LAN communications between computers and AV Equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.