Atlona is looking for experienced product manager to lead its Audio product lines for commercial applications. The Product Manager will be responsible for creating the vision and strategy for the next generation audio product lines, defining and executing on the current and future product road map, establish price models and price strategy, supporting sales and customers, define and execute go-to-market strategy.
In this role, the product manager will collaborate with teams from Engineering, Professional Services, Marketing and Sales, as well as Product Managers from other verticals. As part of the Product management team, the individual will help develop, deliver and maintain the next generation of Atlona audio products for commercial application through business intelligence, market trends, customer inputs and financial analysis. This is a great opportunity to define, manage and launch new AV products that exhibit the pace and energy of a fast growing start-up environment, yet executed within a disciplined product organization.
1. Translate customer feedbacks, market trends, and business inputs into concise and clear product requirements that solve customer problems and pain points.
2. Help define and communicate a clear product vision and strategy, value proposition, product use cases, and positioning for current and future product, both internally and externally.
3. Manage product lifecycles (Concept, Definition, Launch, Go-To-Market, Sustain, EOL, EOS)
4. Make functionality and feature trade-off decisions to ensure timely delivery of products and solutions
5. Ensure Sales, Marketing and Support teams are trained on current and future products, and act as technical resource for support and sales and pre-sales teams
6. Set market pricing to remain competitive while ensuring profitability
7. Research target markets trends and emerging technologies
8. Research the competition and perform competitive product benchmarking and feature analysis
9. Responsible for the financial health of products
Required experience and knowledge:
1. BA/BS degree required, computer science/engineering degree (or equivalent).
2. 5 + years of relevant and progressive domain experience within the professional audio and commercial AV.
3. Expert in digital audio processing: AGC, Expander, Gating, EQ, mixing, Compressor, Limiters, Crossovers, Recording, noise cancelling, AEC and other DSP modules.
4. Hands-on experience with audio DSP devices (Biamp, QSC, Symetrix, Crestron, Extron), PA systems, Dante devices, audio amplifiers and speakers
5. Understanding of the conference room VoIP ecosystems and especially audio VoIP integration with DSP and audio systems
6. Experience working with Professional AV dealers, AV distributors and system integrators
7. Background in control systems (Crestron, Control4, AMX or any other) is a plus
8. Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
9. Excellent communication, planning, prioritizing and organizing skills
10. Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
11. Must be able to travel 25% of the time.
Required Skills and Personal Qualities
1. Able to understand technical concepts and evaluate complex tradeoffs.
2. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. You are not waiting for task to be assigned, you are self-starter and self-motivator.
4. Strong team player
5. You pay attention to detail
6. You are not afraid to take ownership and you drive tasks to closure
The Job is ful ltime and located in San Jose, CA