The RSM serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for sales and client satisfaction. The RSM is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as communicate client needs and goals to the company to ensure the highest level of customer care. The RSM is responsible for both the strategy and the development of sales in the assigned territory and charged with developing and expanding sales operations in this field, planning, forecasting and executing all sales activities. Responsibilities include achieving assigned sales quotas together with customer goals, as well as developing business and proposals for presentation to customers, coordinating account resources with representatives from marketing, pre and post sales engineering, and development. The RSM should be developing relationships in the industry which would include; Consultants who specify products into design and applications of Audio Video, industry affiliations, key system integrators, and complimentary manufacturers.
· Manages all client communication, conflict resolution, and compliance on client deliverables and revenue.
· New Business Development responsibility for territory requires individual to identify and open new partnerships.
· Ensures that client issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, informing the National Sales Manager (NSM) of any problems that may arise.
· Responsible for quarterly sales quota and accurate forecasting for the territory and account base.
· Owns the contract and contract renewals for new and existing clients.
· Approves Change Orders and invoices, and is responsible to facilitate in payment collection process.
· Responsible to educate customers and partners on technology, products, company policies and processes.
· Works closely with the customer in order to maintain a continuous knowledge of customer needs in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities.
· Ensures that all processes and procedures are completed and profitability requirements are met.
· Aware and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business.
· Communicates the client's goals and represent the client's interests to the company.
· Provides regular two-way communication between the client and company, to provide strong company representation and set proper client expectations.
· Understanding of company capabilities and service, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client.
· Providing regular input on all account activity, including status, call reports and opportunities report on a weekly basis.
· Consistently deliver monthly and quarterly revenue results that meet or exceed company objectives.
· Provide sales/product training, motivation and leadership to base of customers and 3rd party sales reps and their sales teams.
· Develop and execute a sales management strategy and aggressive sales plan metrics designed to create accountability and meet company revenue goals.
· Manage, motivate and provide guidance and training to outside sales resources.
· Consistent reporting and updates via customer relationship management (CRM/ERP) software.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
· 10+ years proven track record selling Audio Video equipment in the Commercial channel.
· CTS certification or knowledge of integration and system design equivalent.
· Highly technical with current technology and methods of video transport, including video over IP.
· Experienced as a trainer and the ability to teach and motivate large groups or a one-on-one presentation.
· BA/BS in marketing or business management preferred.
· Extensive experience in all aspects of Customer Relationship Management and Customer Service.
· Excellent communicator capable of building relationships and communicating effectively with every level in the organization through outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
· Ability to travel greater than 50% of the time.
· Strong motivation for sales; aggressive and diligent attitude in reaching sales objective, ability to develop go to market plans, market knowledge and understanding the customers’ needs. Proven closing skills and meeting sales goals.
· Self-starter who is able to successfully work both independently and as part of a team.
· Highly energetic personality who enjoys working in a growing team atmosphere and a good attitude towards working in a highly dynamic work environment.
· Proficient with Windows operating system, excel, outlook, Power Point, Word and other standard MS programs.
- This position reports directly to the National Sales Manager for the US Commercial Channel.
- This position operationally/functionally doesn’t manage other employees.
· This is a remote position for someone located ideally in Bay Area, CA; New York Metro Area or Washington DC