Job Summary - AV Technical Product Trainer
You are an experienced product trainer with strong knowledge of professional AV technology. You have skills with installation and maintenance of AV and basic networking, and you seek an opportunity to use those skills to effectively train and support our dealers and prospective dealers. At Atlona, we seek to empower a new product trainer to support our east coast customers based out of our training facility in Tinley Park, IL. As a product trainer, you will work in person and remotely to prepare our partners to use and sell our world class AV product suite. This is a role that can be done primarily from your home office with occasional trips to Tinley Park for product demos and technical sales support. You will maintain the equipment in the training center and will be responsible for product set up, firmware updates and other technical maintenance. This is a chance to get high level exposure to our key partners with strong growth potential within the company. Apply today!
· Primary responsibility will be technical education of Atlona products and solutions for all Atlona staff, partners and customers through live hands-on training and instructor-led sessions both in person and online.
· Responsible for maintaining, updating and overseeing all aspects of the training lab and associated equipment and training materials for the Chicago training center.
· Responsible when assigned, for the coordination and execution of North American regional and factory training events as well as coordination and execution of employee training as it relates to company products and associated technologies. This will include working with other trainers to create training material, agendas, lab provisions and to assist in the coordination of attendee details including lodging, airfare, travel, food and all other related activities. This position will also assist in the updating of all online schedules and registration sites and associated training surveys.
· Required to speak in front of live audiences, on webinars and other live forums.
· Required to specify, build, manage, update and track all evaluation kits in the field and any and all related tasks associated with evaluation kit hardware, software, training, manuals and other related items.
· Responsible for helping plan, design, implement and update all training courses through both the Atlona LMS and live training events.
· Assist the training team in creating education content including PowerPoint slide decks, education videos and will need to be or become proficient in the use of media creation software and tools employed by the Atlona training team.
· All training materials (LMS, product videos, training videos, slide decks etc.) must be completed in accordance with the Atlona product launch schedule.
· There is tremendous sales value in active training participants. As such, the position will need to create a plan to increase active participation and a metric by which to measure that growth quarter over quarter.
You bring to the table:
· Must have BS Degree in associated field and/or Relevant Certifications
· Must have 4-6 years’ experience working with audio and video technologies with a deep understanding of these AV concepts: digital signals, HDMI, HDBaseT, IP networking, AV over IP, AV control and programming (simple testing may be required to qualify the skillset)
· Hands on experience working with and creating education content for online learning management systems.
· Strong background and experience in live instructor led education
· Must have experience with media and video creations tools such as PowerPoint, Keynote, Final Cut Pro, Captivate and other relevant editing software and hardware solutions