Atlona is looking for an embedded firmware / software engineer to lead our software team in creating innovative video distribution, communication and sharing platforms.
This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
· Understand feature requirements, architecture, design, conduct firmware development and engage in unit test development and firmware debugging on Atlona’s platforms to handle multiple video streams from different sources and stream them to a display.
· Help design and implement embedded FW design (HW interface programming, algorithm implementation and custom feature implementation).
· Guide software engineering to deliver best A/V control and sharing experience
· Interface with third-party silicon vendors to resolve technical issues
· Effectively communicate ideas, objectives and plans both internally and outside the Software group and project team.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· BS or MS degree in EE, CS, or Mathematics or equivalent.
· Strong C / C++ / Assembly programming skills and embedded background.
· 5 years of experience.
· Solid understanding of video and audio format and codec for compression / decompression.
· Solid understanding of wireless connectivity formats such as Widi, Miracast and Airplay
· Proficient with HDMI and HDCP technology
· Proven track record of shipping best-in-class hardware products
· Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional engineering teams
· Strong ability to learn new technologies
· Experience working in a Linux or Unix development environment
· Hands on experience with AV distribution, DVD player, STB or Audio Video Receiver(AVR) product
· Knowledge of Android operating system and creating of apps for the Android OS.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high energy, team-oriented environment. And the ability to help keep that environment healthy.
· An interest in Home Automation or A/V equipment
· Self motivated