Atlona is reshaping the work flow of AV system integrators, dealers and AV network administrators by offering innovative AV system management tools and cutting edge products. The Atlona Management System (AMS™) is a set of powerful software resources for select Atlona IP-controllable products in commercial, educational, government and residential environments. It integrates product configuration, management, and updates to reduce installation time and enable remote support.
Atlona is looking for you, the experienced Network Management System (NMS) product manager to lead its AMS™ product line. You understand the importance of smart NMS tool in streamline device management and improve workflow efficiency. You are hands on product manager that thrive in an ever-changing startup atmosphere, leveraging limited resources and independently juggling many challenges and priorities while working together with software and hardware development teams
In this role, you will collaborate with teams from Engineering, Professional Services, Marketing and Sales organizations, as well as product managers from other verticals. As part of the product management team, you will help develop, deliver and craft the road map and product strategy through business intelligence, market trends, customer inputs and financial analysis. This is a great opportunity to define, manage and launch new innovative AV management product that exhibit the pace and energy of a fast growing start-up environment, yet executed within a disciplined product organization.
* Translate customer and market requirements into concise and clear product definition using business inputs and market analysis
* Help define and communicate a clear product vision and strategy, value proposition, use cases, and product positioning, both internally and externally.
* Make functionality and feature trade-off decisions to ensure timely delivery of products and solutions.
* Ensure Sales, marketing and support teams are trained, and act as technical resource for support, sales and pre-sales teams.
* Research target markets trend, detected market challenges and build features and product functionality to overcome the market challenges.
* Research the competition and perform competitive product benchmarking and feature analysis.
* Responsible for the financial health of products
* BA/BS degree required, computer science/engineering degree (or equivalent), prior experience in a software engineering role is preferred.
* 3-5 years’ experience as product management of enterprise/IT oriented NMS products.
* Knowledge of software development life cycles, owning new products and/or new product functionality from idea to implementation, willingness to do whatever is required to help ensure success.
* Experience with Enterprise SaaS product design and delivery is preferred
* Strong understanding of app development iOS and Android
* Background in control systems (Crestron, Control4, AMX or any other) is a big plus
* Familiarity with commercial and/or residential AV
* Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
* Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be able to travel 25% of the time.
This is a summary only. Duties and responsibilities may change over time.