Job Title: Director of Product Management
About the company
goTenna is building the world’s most intelligent and scalable mobile mesh networks. Our protocols and devices are designed to enable off-grid connectivity and augment traditional communications networks. goTenna mesh networking turns everything in the world around us into programmable mobile infrastructure to decentralize connectivity and unlock society’s last-mile.
About the role
goTenna is seeking a passionate product strategy leader to support the research, definition and development of our government-focused product roadmap. Responsibilities include developing product concepts based on government customer requirements and industry trends, pursuing government funding opportunities, and interfacing concepts with internal teams. This role will be heavily involved in cross-departmental collaboration, balancing goTenna’s business opportunities, technology portfolio, and customer use cases. This role will work independently to pursue government product development opportunities and as a part of the product development team to see projects through from conception through to delivery. This position requires excellent communication skills, technical fluency, and experience managing government projects. This position will report to the VP of Product
· Define, manage, and deliver products that meet the requirements of goTenna’s government customers.
· Study and evaluate the competition and industry trends specific to goTenna key technology and market.
· Engage directly with technical teams and in agile ceremonies to define, track, and review developed features and capabilities.
· Prioritize development objectives to balance delivery requirements with finite technical resources.
· Cultivate a deep understanding of goTenna’s tech stack and be able to communicate this to customers.
· Define and position goTenna’s competitive advantage in the broader connectivity landscape, presenting key points of differentiation to goTenna teams as well as government customers.
· Generate, document, and present new product concepts based on industry inputs and customer requirements.
· Compose technical volumes to support SBIR and other RFP submissions.
· Identify and develop opportunities to grow goTenna’s intellectual property portfolio.
· Manage government-funded development projects including customer interfacing, work plan management, and coordinating demonstrations and test events.
· Understand the compliance requirements for government customers and develop product development strategies that meet and exceed these.
· Engage broadly across the company with functions such as finance, marketing, business development, and engineering.
· 5+ years of experience managing technical government projects.
· 10 years of experience in product or program management.
· Experience crafting and submitting government funding proposals (i.e. SBIR).
· Experience articulating customer and product requirements through documentation (MRD, PRD, etc).
· Outstanding organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Bachelor or Master’s degree with a technical or business focus.
· Prior service member.
· Direct experience using goTenna or other tactical radios in the field.
· Experience creating business models and pricing for B2B or B2G markets.
· Experience managing and growing intellectual property portfolios.
ITAR: U.S. Citizen or Green Card Required
Placement at the appropriate job level (entry, senior, etc) will be determined by a combination of years of experience, demonstration of proficiency in this field, and other qualifications.
goTenna is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· 401(k) plan
· Unlimited PTO
· Parental Leave with Pay
· Holiday pay (including December recess)
· Medical, Dental, Vision and life insurance
· Pre-tax benefits
· Short- and Long-term disability plans
· Professional Education Stipend