Job Description: Mobile Software Lead
goTenna is building the world’s most intelligent and scalable mobile mesh networks. Our protocols and devices are designed to enable off-grid connectivity and augment traditional communications networks. goTenna mesh networking turns everything in the world around us into programmable mobile infrastructure to decentralize connectivity and unlock society’s last-mile.
About the Role
goTenna is seeking a Mobile Software Lead to manage a growing team of mobile software application developers and build world-class software that supports our customers’ most important missions. You’ll be responsible for a diverse software portfolio that includes goTenna’s native apps for Android & iOS, our plugins for third-party mobile applications, and other mobile software products. The Mobile Software Lead will work collaboratively with cross-departmental leadership to ship high-quality products to customers on schedule, partnering with the Firmware, QA, Product, and Customer Experience teams. This is an opportunity to optimize goTenna’s internal software development methodologies as well as support product improvements based on customer feedback and your own technical expertise. Our team operates in an Agile development environment and this role will include both management responsibilities as well as hands-on software development.
● Lead the Mobile Software Team and deliver results by coaching, developing, and managing employees.
● Own the design, development, and maintenance of goTenna mobile software.
● Review new product requirements for goTenna mobile software, then design and implement the data model, control, and customer-facing aspects for those features.
● Design and develop scalable, maintainable architectures, and design, build, and test goTenna mobile apps while applying best-in-class software engineering practices.
● Ensure the highest quality and performance of goTenna’s mobile software by leading the Mobile Software Team in writing world-class code.
● Perform JUnit and Android Instrument unit testing and integration tests.
● Contribute to defining the mobile app CI/CD pipeline.
● Participate in performance monitoring for the apps and triaging/fixing defects.
● Understand standard security approaches and how to use them to protect mobile application data and secure communications between goTenna applications, including the use of encryption and Android security.
● Implement services in mobile applications for user authentication and integrating web portal resources.
● Design and develop SDK resources for third-party developers, providing the necessary modules for communication protocols, Bluetooth, encryption, etc.
● Release mobile apps and monitor performance in the Play Store & App Store using Cocoapods, Firebase, Gradle/Maven, Git, and Android studio developer tools.
● Serve as the central point of communication across the company into Mobile Software Team on progress updates, backlog estimates, etc. and supporting product managers to answer technical questions from customers.
● Provide engineering support for customer issues and general problem-solvings
● Familiarity with iOS development in Swift, plus XCodeUI and/or Espresso.
● Experience writing Bluetooth apps & familiarity with Bluetooth SDKs.
● Experience using mapping frameworks (e.g., MapBox, Google Maps, Esri).
● Experience with Linux, networking, RF, or Telecommunications.
● Experience with hardware integration and/or connected devices.
● Experience working on government-focused projects.
● Experience working in a technologyp environment
goTenna is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· 401(k) plan
· Unlimited PTO
· Parental Leave with Pay
· Holiday pay (including December recess)
· Medical, Dental, Vision and life insurance
· Pre-tax benefits
· Short- and Long-term disability plans
· Professional Education Stipend