Job Description: Director for DHS Sales
goTenna is building the world’s most intelligent and scalable mobile mesh networks. Our protocols and devices are designed to enable off-grid connectivity and augment traditional communications networks. goTenna mesh networking turns everything in the world around us into programmable mobile infrastructure to decentralize connectivity and unlock society’s last-mile.
About the role
The DHS Sales Associate Director will be responsible for developing and executing a sales strategy that encompasses the Department of Homeland Security and its components, with an emphasis of prioritizing opportunities across the homeland security enterprise. You will create demand for goTenna’s products and services through engagement and product awareness of government end users, program offices, and R&D organizations. You will be responsible both for expanding current relationships and developing new organizations. This organization will over time include a team of sales managers who will report to you and be responsible for engaging territories you determine within the DHS market space.
This role requires travel — you should expect to be on the road 50-75% of the time. This role reports to the Chief Growth Officer. This role may require vaccination at the company’s discretion.
This position may be hired as the Associate Director, Director, or Senior Director based on qualifications.
This position may be remote or located in Washington, DC. Being located outside of DC may result in increased travel.
● Develop and execute a strategy to identify the most promising DHS markets that will execute upon the company’s strategic revenue goals
● Set and achieve bookings and revenue targets that drive goTenna’s business forward
● Draft white papers and proposals to answer government solicitations
● Identify customer capability gaps and be able to articulate to a variety of audiences - including end-user operators, program managers, procurement officials, and senior government policymakers - how goTenna products will close capability gaps and make the warfighter safer and more effective
● Manage a team of sales managers and ensure they are working cohesively to meet the company’s goals
● Be familiar with all of goTenna’s current and future product lines and service offerings
● Build and maintain relationships with relevant customer stakeholders, including operator/field office level, command level, and program office level
● Be trained on goTenna equipment and capable of running demos for customers with little or no assistance
● Contribute to company-level strategic conversations and strategies that pertain to the Department of Homeland Security
● Engage cross-functionally with other goTenna departments to provide feedback on customer requirements, and opportunities for improvement, and provide input to improve goTenna’s ability to serve customers
● Be a team player: no task is too small. If paperwork needs to be done, get it done. If a critical customer deployment requires another set of hands, jump in.
● 7+ years of relevant experience selling into federal law enforcement, DHS, or related segments with a proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales goals.
● Familiarity with government procurement methods and procurement vehicles, such as but not limited to First Source II, GSA, SBIR, etc.
● Uniformed, civilian, contractor experience or equivalent working in the federal law enforcement, state law enforcement, or related space
● Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM to actively manage a portfolio of many accounts and associated opportunities.
● Strong leadership skills, excellent communication (presentation, written, and verbal), and relationship-building skills.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a Business, Engineering, Defense, Homeland Security or related field.
● Demonstrated knowledge of business development processes, pursuit development, proposals, and negotiations.
● Understanding of communications equipment & its competitive landscape.
● Experience using similar or related tactical communications equipment in the field.
● Practical understanding of use cases, product development, technology transitioning, and system integration into foreign military applications.
● Experience conducting and directing competitive product analysis using market research techniques and a solid technical understanding of service/agency needs and requirements.
● Experience leading and submitting proposals to US government customers.
● Advanced management or executive training or experience.
● An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one
ITAR: U.S. Citizen or Green Card Required
Placement at the appropriate job level (entry, senior, etc) will be determined by a combination of years of experience, demonstration of proficiency in this field, and other qualifications.
Able to lift 30 Ibs.
goTenna is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental Leave with Pay
- Holiday pay (including December recess)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and life insurance
- Pre-tax benefits
- Short- and Long-term disability plans
- Professional Education Stipend