Job Description: Intern
goTenna is building the world’s most intelligent and scalable mobile mesh networks. Our protocols and devices are designed to enable off-grid connectivity and augment traditional communications networks. goTenna mesh networking turns everything in the world around us into programmable mobile infrastructure to decentralize connectivity and unlock society’s last-mile.
About the Role
Undertakes a professional internship designed to provide on-the-job training and experience to college students or recent graduate. Engages in various work assignments, projects, and activities of varying complexity, structured to enable the intern to gain the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform at a professional level, typically identified as a nonexempt position. Receives training and mentorship in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
This position is based in Brooklyn, NY but may be remote eligible.
- Provides entry- to intermediate-level professional services, under the supervision of the manager as appropriate to the day-to-day objectives
- Participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills for the needs of the organization.
- Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from professional staff in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- As appropriate to the position and as specified by the manager, conducts original research and prepares reports based on findings
- Participate in companywide meetings and activities as requested
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Enrolled in college program as a full-time or part-time student
- Must present transcripts prior to beginning internship
- Project planning skills
- Entry-level knowledge and skill at the Bachelors's or Masters level within a specified area of professional specialty.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow complex, detailed technical instructions.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
ITAR: U.S. Citizen or Green Card Required
goTenna is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.