Job Description: Forward Deployed Engineer
goTenna is building the world’s most intelligent and scalable mobile mesh networks. Our protocols and devices are designed to enable off-grid connectivity and augment traditional communications networks. goTenna mesh networking turns everything in the world around us into programmable mobile infrastructure to decentralize connectivity and unlock society’s last mile.
About the Role
The Forward Deployed Engineer is an integral part of the goTenna Customer Experience Team that manages the technical aspects of our company’s relationship with customers that use our Pro line of products. Pro customers include but are not limited to, local and national Public Safety organizations, U.S. and international military, and other federal government agencies. You will provide accurate technical service and support before and after the point of sale to include both onsite and virtual training, ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the customer journey.
As our Forward Deployed Engineer, in addition to being a critical member of our Customer Experience Team, you will also work closely with all of our Marketing, Sales, Product, and Engineering teams. On the product and engineering side, you will be instrumental in advocating for our customers by proactively identifying issues and enabling an effective voice of the customer (VOC) program to propose product enhancements, new functionality, and new products. On the business development side, you will help win new business by assisting in RFP’s, demos, trade shows, and Q&A sessions. As a Forward Deployed Engineer, you should expect your time to be spent between these activities: Technical Support, conducting Onsite/Virtual Training, working with Product and Engineering, and supporting Business Development with demo’s, trade shows, and Q&A. Up to 50% travel may be required.
● Engage with Public Safety, Military, and other Pro customers
● Monitor and answer support requests relating to all of our Pro line of products
● Document current use cases, issues, and opportunities
● Provide regular reports to leadership on product and customer performance in order to help develop future strategies and roadmap
● Work cross-functionally with other departments such as Product Management and Engineering in order to successfully troubleshoot technical issues
● Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
● Conduct both Virtual and Onsite training with Customers
● Support technical presales activities, such as on-site or virtual customer dems
● Support business development activities such as RFPs, demo, trade shows, etc.
● Stay up to speed on the latest technological advancements in our industry as well as the latest employment criteria of our customers
● 8+ years of professional experience, preferably deploying or utilizing technology products in a Public Safety or Military organization. Some of your experience should have been related to tactical communications
● Solid technical background with hands-on experience in digital technologies
● An ability to grasp customers’ needs and suggest timely solutions
● Exceptional organizational, presentation, and verbal + written communication skills
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Experience with CRM tools and ticketing systems such as Salesforce or Zen Desk
● A highly motivated self-starter with outstanding planning and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and communicate effectively
● A tech-savvy professional, able to explain technical details and requirements to both a non-technical audience and an extremely technical audience via onsite and virtual engagements.
● A problem-solver with a strong work ethic that can execute and provide quick and effective resolutions to our customer's questions
● Someone who is customer/service oriented and enjoys building strong customer relationships
● A strategic thinker and planner that is adept at thinking outside the box and has a bias for action
● An evangelist for our product
● A passion for dealing in tactical communications and technology
● Operational experience such as prior active duty military, law enforcement, or Public Safety experience (either as a full-time or volunteer), including but not limited to: emergency management, search & rescue, wildland firefighting, disaster response, etc.
● Passion for goTenna and our mission to build a distributed communication network from the ground up!
ITAR: U.S. Citizen or Green Card Required
Placement at the appropriate job level (entry, senior, etc) will be determined by a combination of years of experience, demonstration of proficiency in this field, and other qualifications.
Able to lift 30 Ibs.
goTenna is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· 401(k) plan
· Unlimited PTO
· Parental Leave with Pay
· Holiday pay (including December recess)
· Medical, Dental, Vision and life insurance
· Pre-tax benefits
· Short- and Long-term disability plans
· Professional Education Stipend