Job Description: DevOps Engineer
goTenna is building the world’s most intelligent and scalable mobile mesh networks. Our protocols and devices are designed to enable off-grid connectivity and augment traditional communications networks. goTenna mesh networking turns everything in the world around us into programmable mobile infrastructure to decentralize connectivity and unlock society’s last-mile.
About the Role:
goTenna is seeking a highly skilled, professional DevOps Engineer to join our dynamic and growing team and lead DevOps efforts for our mobile and full stack engineering teams. This role will work cross-functionally across our engineering and product organizations, and will require strong development experience, a passion for emerging technologies, and knowledge of engineering best practices. You have the ability to come up with robust, scalable solutions for user-facing applications, while also deploying and maintaining environments for our developers. You must be a team player who is comfortable managing multiple priorities, projects, and personalities.
- AWS: EC2, S3, security groups, API Gateway + Lambda functions.
- Manage rapid deployment and continuous integration (CI/CD): Unit testing, GitHub Actions, Jenkins builds.
- Develop and execute roadmap for new ways to improve development delivery
- Version control, source management: GitHub, GitLab
- Developer solutions & code portability: Docker, Kerberos, message queues.
- Security: experience with VPNs, firewalls, and data security.
- Data: Replication, sharding, backups. Mongo/NoSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, in-memory services (redis/memcache/etc).
- Document and design various development processes and keep them updated.
- Keeping up-to-date with latest industry trends; able to identify opportunities for potential improvement within the organization
- Configure/manage DevOps monitoring tools
- Bachelor’s degree — CS or CSEE preferred
- 4+ years experience in DevOps
- Experience with Agile workflow methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Thorough understanding of mobile and web CI/CD pipelines and release flows
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an environment with competing priorities, multitasking and managing time efficiently
- Experience working at a fast-paced
- Google Cloud Platform / Google Firebase experience
ITAR: U.S. Citizen or Green Card Required
Placement at the appropriate job level (entry, senior, etc) will be determined by a combination of years of experience, demonstration of proficiency in this field, and other qualifications.
goTenna is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental Leave with Pay
- Holiday pay (including December recess)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and life insurance
- Pre-tax benefits
- Short- and Long-term disability plans
- Professional Education Stipend