Job Description: Sr. iOS Engineer
goTenna is building the world’s most intelligent and scalable mobile mesh networks. Our protocols and devices are designed to enable off-grid connectivity and augment traditional communications networks. goTenna mesh networking turns everything in the world around us into programmable mobile infrastructure to decentralize connectivity and unlock society’s last-mile.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an iOS Engineer to help lead our iOS development of goTenna’s mobile apps. The right person for this role will not only help lead the team, but also lead the technical direction of iOS development at goTenna. In addition to working with mobile developers, you’ll also be part of a team of engineers working on web development, firmware, wireless networking protocols, hardware, and QA. You’ll also collaborate closely with UI/UX and product management to ensure high-quality production and deployment of fully integrated applications that serve as the interface for goTenna’s next-generation communication systems.
This is a full-time position that is remote-eligible.
· Design, build, and unit test goTenna’s iOS apps
· Collaborate with firmware, QA, and product management teams to define, implement and ship new features
· Ensure highest quality and performance of goTenna’s iOS apps
· Design and develop SDK for third-party developers
· Work with Android team to maintain feature parity between apps
· Develop scalable maintainable architecture and code by applying best-in-class software engineering practices
· 5+ years iOS development experience
· Strong coding experience in Swift
· Experience with MVVM
· Experience developing multithreading apps, performance tuning, and debugging
· A strong understanding of the iOS app lifecycle, Cocoa design patterns, and Apple's recommended practices for building and structuring apps from the model layer all the way up to the UI
· Experience building highly modular, multi-target iOS app
· Experience with one or more iOS frameworks
· Experience with source code management tools such as github and familiarity with continuous integration tools
· Proven track record of taking initiative to proactively resolve technical issues
· Additional development experience with other platforms and languages
· Experience writing Bluetooth apps & familiarity with Bluetooth SDKs
· Experience using Map frameworks, RESTful APIs and connection to backend servers
· Experience with encryption, security, Cryptokit
· Familiarity with & a preference for agile/lean methodologies
· Auto-layout knowledge
· Startup experience
· Exposure to developing for connected devices
· An affinity for people who like telling jokes, sharing funny links, do cool stuff outside work and try to be creative about team-building (e.g. survival skills training, murder mystery dinner theater, shuffleboard tournament, Mafia/Werewolf).
· Love for goTenna and our mission to build a distributed communication network from the ground-up!
ITAR: U.S. Citizen or Green Card Required
Placement at the appropriate job level (entry, senior, etc) will be determined by a combination of years of experience, demonstration of proficiency in this field, and other qualifications.
goTenna is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental Leave with Pay
- Holiday pay (including December recess)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and life insurance
- Pre-tax benefits