InCharge Energy is seeking a Public Affairs and Incentives Associate who will identify grant and incentive opportunities for EV charging infrastructure to serve In-Charge Energy clients and partners. The Senior Associate will be a strong contributor to our Public Affairs and Government Relations team and utilize significant leadership skills while working closely with the director and executive director.
The Senior Associate must be a strategic thinker, strong communicator, exceptional project manager, excellent writer, extremely well organized, and have a commanding use of logic.
What You’ll Do
- Interact with Federal, State, local government, and utility stakeholders to identify grant and incentive opportunities for EV charging infrastructure to serve In-Charge Energy clients and partners.
- Compile and maintain a listing of pertinent governmental, industry, environmental, and community agencies' and organizations' working groups and task forces that can further the objectives and advance the goals of InCharge
- Collaborate with internal and external grant writing teams and partners to pursue funding opportunities.
- Manage, strategize, develop, review, and edit the work of the government and public affairs analysts, including preparing the team for RFP and RFI presentations to management.
- Install systems and standards for grant-related activities, including proposal development and RFP and RFI submission.
- Draft infrastructure projects for grant funding opportunities, integrating the work of operations, engineering, clients, and grant writers. This may include writing grants, coordinating with a grant writer, and the creation of project schedules and budgets.
- Coordinate government and project contracts, deadlines, and administration.
- Monitor policies to ensure they are consistent with the organization’s goals and prepare briefs on important legislation for InCharge team members.
- Coordinate any efforts to take a position on legislation or policies with ABB and other organizations.
- Support the team in researching and tracking policies related to infrastructure and EV funding nationwide and converting them into commercial opportunities.
- Coordinate Public Affairs efforts with other company groups, such as Marketing and Public Relations, to ensure consistent messaging and alignment.
- Serve as a liaison to funding agencies and organizations.
Your Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree highly preferred in Public Policy, Political Science, Government Affairs, Communications, or equivalent.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to coordinate multiple teams to create proposals and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with experience supervising projects and employees.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Experience with copywriting/editorial a must.
- Extremely well organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with, and communicate across, cross-functional teams and to leadership.
- Extremely comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-threaded environment.
- Passionate about electric transportation and the environment.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in public policy, proposals, and working with governmental agencies.
- Adept with Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.