InCharge Energy is seeking a Manager of Public Affairs to work in a highly visible and collaborative environment leading InCharge Energy’s functional areas to successfully manage the execution of InCharge’s government strategies.
The manager of public affairs will be a people manager who will be responsible for a team of analysts and associates to track government grants, incentives, and communicate InCharge’s position on these initiatives, while responding through a combination of proposals, written responses, and presentations.
What You’ll Do
- Create programs and activities to support the strategic direction of the organization and oversee engagement objectives to develop and maintain productive relations with all levels of government authorities supporting InCharge Energy’s goals
- Own and implement the grants, incentives and proposal response process including commercial proposals, holding all internal and external stakeholders accountable to deadlines • Establish and implement policies on major issues affecting the organization
- Represent InCharge in government proceedings by providing testimony or preparing communications documents such as briefs, white papers, or presentations
- Define and oversee research on public policy issues that affect the organization’s operations
- Communicate with government officials to build relationships, understand objectives, and obtain approvals for projects
- Develop proposals for legislation that would benefit the organization
- Work with outside groups to develop and implement public policy initiatives
- Development and implementation of programs that improve local air quality and the position of disadvantaged communities through education and action
- Develop and own budgets for public policy initiatives based on projected outcomes and available funding
- Create and manage long-term goals, assigning KPIs, and tracking programmatic activities to those KPIs
- Monitor and drive all customer timelines across all InCharge functional teams
- Design and manage reporting and tracking across all activities
Your Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 - 7 years in government affairs or closely related position. Master’s degree in law, Public Policy, Political Science, or related field highly desirable.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years as a people manager including deep experience in responding to grants and incentive opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a small team environment effectively and comfortably and to prioritize and multi-task several projects at once.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills, with the ability to present to government entities and maintain client correspondence and internal documentation.
- Detail-oriented, solid follow-through, able to multitask, and work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment to meet client and internal deadlines /obligations.
- Significant experience working across multiple departments within an organization in developing and implementing programs and processes to address EV infrastructure opportunities as it relates to fleets: sales, marketing, engineering, products, and operations
- Work experience in electric vehicles (EV), EV infrastructure, fleets, sustainability, or a closely adjacent industry highly preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM. Expertise in Microsoft Outlook suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.