InCharge Energy is seeking an Order to Cash Accountant to focus primarily on the accurate recording and reporting of sales orders into the system in preparation of invoicing the customer. This position will require a high quality of both internal and external customer support in the areas of accounting, compliance, order/project fulfillment, and operations. In addition to working closely with sales, account executives, project managers, program managers, supply chain, and operations, this person will continuously assist in enhancing and implementing processes and policies. The Order to Cash Accountant at In-Charge will report to the Project Controller.
The Order to Cash Accountant will provide reporting and analysis, while performing other accounting duties, as necessary. InCharge is progressing through a finance transformation and the role will also have opportunities to develop new skills and gain exposure to new technologies. The ideal candidate will gain vast company exposure in this role and should be motivated to harness that exposure to promote career growth within the company.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for collaborating with Sales and Operations team to drive accountability of key initiatives and identify corrective action items to maximize financial and operational outcomes.
- Review document compliance of incoming sales opportunities/orders according to company requirements and expectations
- Review accuracy and completeness of information and ensure that all supporting documents are present including sales quotations, customer purchase orders, service level agreements, tax exempt forms, site plans and other reports.
- Assist in verifying, validating, and troubleshooting data alignment amongst systems
- Analyzes and interprets operational procedures, activities, and pertinent business documents toward logical conclusions and expected outcomes (identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation)
- Document and escalate identified areas of non-compliance and discrepancies.
- Log and track order fulfillment issues and project/order discrepancies
- Analyzes, verifies, tracks and reports on accounting milestones in alignment with project completion.
- Create and maintain documentation including requirements analysis, process and data flow diagrams, operational procedures, and other related documentation.
- Analyze complex business procedures and data sets to identify key financial and operational insights and develop recommendations that will aid the management team to make critical and strategic decisions
- Ad hoc projects as required
Your Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance (or related disciplines) from an accredited institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a strong understanding of project workflow from initial project setup to project completion
- 3-5 years of experience in multiple areas, including Finance & Accounting
- Experience driving the review and analysis of the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and plans, while developing strategies for improving or further leveraging these plans.
- In depth knowledge of project and order management, as well as, operations
- Strong knowledge of budgets, COGS, estimates at complete and financial projections.
- Experience with accounting management
- Experience with billing and working with a billing team
- Experience with unbilled analysis and reconciliation
- Experience using Salesforce and Quickbooks
- Experience representing the Company to customers.
- Strong English communication, both oral and written.
- Experience working with remote customers
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures and technical documentation.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and propose solutions.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Knowledge of principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership, service delivery methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities, schedules and budgets.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint Online
- Experience in the EV Charging industry is a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.