InCharge Energy | We Bring the Power
InCharge Energy is an energy solutions company on the frontlines of large-scale emissions reduction, accelerating the electrification of the transportation industry – one commercial fleet at a time. As a leading provider of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, service, and software solutions to commercial fleets, we equip fleet managers with turnkey solutions for a seamless transition to EVs.
Headquartered in the world’s first zero-emissions delivery zone in Santa Monica, California, InCharge Energy was founded in 2018 by EV industry veterans Cameron Funk and Terry O’Day. With several additional operations across the U.S., and Canada, we are expanding our team as we lead the charge in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world.
Take Charge of Your Career
We are a group of bold, forward-thinkers with entrepreneurial spirit on a mission to leave the planet better than we found it. Here at InCharge, you’ll define your success. We provide the tools, flexibility, and evolving culture so that you can take charge of your career. You’ll have the chance to use your skills, knowledge, and experience to make a sustainable impact, joining our collective effort to solve the world’s most challenging energy problems.
InCharge Energy is seeking a highly motivated Service Sales Associate to support in post-installation and service agreement sales activities. You will report directly to the Director of Service and will be working with customers and the InCharge Sales, Product, and Marketing teams to develop and maintain EV charging service solutions. You must be able to work cross functionally across the organization and have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for selling, renewing, and expanding service agreements, including multi-year agreements, for ongoing service and maintenance
- Quickly and efficiently generate proposals for time-sensitive repairs for existing InCharge EV charging stations to increase charger uptime · Identify key business opportunities through networking, cold calling, following up on technician referrals and qualifying leads
- Effectively communicate the features and benefits of our services to customers and provide solutions to meet their needs
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing customers through regular communication, follow-up, and customer service
- Utilize Salesforce to track and manage leads, opportunities, and customer interactions
- Work closely with the Product Team to ensure our service offerings remain consistent and up to date
- Collaborate with Sales and Development teams to ensure our service product offerings are consistent with industry demand to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Conduct in-person or virtual sales presentations to potential clients, highlighting the benefits of our services and solutions
- Attend industry conferences and events to network and generate leads
Your Experience and Capabilities
- 3-5+ years of experience in Electric vehicles, Solar, Battery storage, or a similar industry. Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM · Outstanding written and verbal skills, with the ability to present to our client’s senior management team, maintain client correspondence and internal documentation
- Experience working across multiple departments within an organization to develop superior customer solutions: sales, marketing, engineering, products, and operations
- Detail-oriented, good follow-through, able to multitask, and work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment to meet client and internal deadlines/obligations
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Position can be based remote or in our Santa Monica, CA or Richmond, Virginia offices
- Ability to travel 15%-25%
What We Offer
Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.