InCharge Energy is seeking a Grant and Proposal Specialist to work in our Santa Monica, CA office as part of the wider Government & Public Affairs team. The candidate must be a strategic thinker, strong communicator, exceptional project manager, excellent writer, extremely well organized, and possess a commanding use of logic.
The Grant and Proposal Specialist is responsible for researching, writing, and coordinating the application process and management of proposals for funding applications, requests for information (RFIs), requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for quotes (RFQs), and other opportunities. The Grant and Proposal Specialist will utilize significant leadership skills while working closely with the Government & Public Affairs Director and InCharge Executive Director.
What You’ll Do
- Interact with federal, state, local government, and utility stakeholders to identify grant and incentive opportunities for EV charging infrastructure to serve InCharge Energy clients and partners.
- Compile and maintain a listing of pertinent governmental, industry, environmental, and community agencies' and organizations' working groups and task forces that can further the objectives and advance the goals of InCharge clients.
- Manage, strategize, develop, and review all RFP, RFI, and RFQ processes, including presentations to upper management.
- Install systems and standards for grant-related activities, including proposal development and RFP and RFI submission.
- Draft infrastructure projects for grant funding opportunities, integrating the work of operations, engineering, clients, and grant writers. This may include writing grants, coordinating with a grant writer, and the creation of project schedules and budgets.
- Coordinate government and project contracts, deadlines, and administration.
- Monitor policies to ensure they are consistent with the goals of InCharge clients and prepare briefs on important legislation for stakeholders.
- Support the team in researching and tracking policies related to infrastructure and EV funding nationwide and converting them into commercial opportunities for InCharge clients.
- Host or support webinars on topics such as EPA funding, regional incentives, and utility programs including Make-Ready Incentives.
- Collaborate with Government & Public Affairs team and other company groups, such as Marketing and Public Relations, to ensure consistent messaging and alignment.
- Assist clients in becoming members of fleet organizations, Clean Cities Coalitions, and other industry organizations to influence additional opportunities. • Advocate for InCharge client interests in an attempt to influence funding programs.
- Manage administrative day-to-day tasks, communication, and overseeing internal roles/responsibilities for proposals/opportunities that are won.
- Serve as a liaison to funding agencies and organizations on behalf of InCharge clients.
Your Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree highly preferred in Public Policy, Political Science, Government Affairs, Communications or equivalent.
- A background in transportation, energy, electric vehicles/electric vehicle charging infrastructure, or electric utility preferred.
- Familiarity with NEVI, ZEV states, HVIP, AQMD, National Make Ready and State Environmental Programs a plus.
- Experience with California Energy Commission, EnergIIZE, and California Air Resources Board grant process preferred.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to coordinate multiple teams to create proposals and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail with experience supervising projects and employees.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Experience with copywriting/editorial a must.
- Extremely well organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with and communicate across cross-functional teams and to leadership.
- Extremely comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-threaded environment.
- Passionate about electric transportation and the environment with an awareness of the EVSE space.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in public policy, proposals, grant writing, and working with governmental and/or non-governmental (NGO) agencies.
- Adept with Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.