InCharge Energy | We Bring the Power
InCharge Energy is an energy solutions company on the frontlines of large-scale emissions reduction, accelerating the electrification of the transportation industry – one commercial fleet at a time. As a leading provider of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, service, and software solutions to commercial fleets, we equip fleet managers with turnkey solutions for a seamless transition to EVs.
Headquartered in the world’s first zero-emissions delivery zone in Santa Monica, California, InCharge Energy was founded in 2018 by EV industry veterans Cameron Funk and Terry O’Day. With several additional operations across the U.S., and Canada, we are expanding our team as we lead the charge in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world.
Take Charge of Your Career
We are a group of bold, forward-thinkers with entrepreneurial spirit on a mission to leave the planet better than we found it. Here at InCharge, you’ll define your success. We provide the tools, flexibility, and evolving culture so that you can take charge of your career. You’ll have the chance to use your skills, knowledge, and experience to make a sustainable impact, joining our collective effort to solve the world’s most challenging energy problems.
InCharge Energy is seeking an Billing Specialist intern who can think of money as numbers.. As part of the Finance team, you will be responsible for preparing invoices and providing billing support for our service and operations departments.
What You’ll Do
- Within a fast-paced environment the role requires consistent preparation and submission of invoices that follow customer guidelines and adheres to a complex invoicing structure.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to accurately prepare, adjust, and verify pre-bill documents before invoicing
- Understand and perform complex billing that includes a variety of fee structures Identify and monitor unbilled shipments and projects
- Develop, plan, and implement daily, weekly, and monthly reports for leadership Data entry and system adjustments using Salesforce and QuickBooks
- Research client invoice inquiries and prepare billing adjustments
- Log and track vendor issues, billing discrepancies, as well as project and service requests.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
Your Experience and Capabilities
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- QuickBooks or similar financial management system
- Strong customer service ethic
- Enterprising, self-starter attitude
- Adaptable to the changing dynamics of start-up business strategy
- Accounting experience
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed follow through, every time, every client
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Experience in the EV Charging industry is a plus
What We Offer
Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.