InCharge Energy is seeking a Public Affairs and Incentives Intern for our Santa Monica, California office. The Public Affairs and Incentives Intern must be an excellent writer, strong communicator, great researcher, very well organized with great time management skills, and show an exceptional use of logic. The Intern will be a part of our Public Affairs and Government Relations team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interact with the InCharge team focused around electric utilities to identify grant and incentive opportunities for EV charging infrastructure to serve In-Charge Energy clients and partners.
- Research and track policies related to EV infrastructure at electric utilities nationwide and learn to convert them into commercial opportunities.
- Prepare and submit InCharge equipment documentation to utilities’ approved equipment lists.
- Collaborate with grant writing teams and partners to pursue funding opportunities.
- Draft and develop infrastructure projects for grant funding opportunities, integrating the work of operations, engineering, clients, and grant writers. This may include writing grants, coordinating with a grant writer, and the creation of project schedules and budgets.
- Supports the responses to Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals.
- University senior enrollment status with a major in Public Policy, Political Science, Government Affairs, Communications, English or equivalent.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a task-oriented mindset.
- Extremely well organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with and communicate across cross-functional teams.
- Extremely comfortable working in a fast paced, multi-threaded environment.
- Passionate about electric transportation and the environment.
- Relevant experience a plus.
- Adept with Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel.
What We Offer
Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.