InCharge Energy | We Bring the Power
InCharge Energy is an energy solutions company on the frontlines of large-scale emissions reduction, accelerating the electrification of the transportation industry – one commercial fleet at a time. As a leading provider of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, service, and software solutions to commercial fleets, we equip fleet managers with turnkey solutions for a seamless transition to EVs.
Headquartered in the world’s first zero-emissions delivery zone in Santa Monica, California, InCharge Energy was founded in 2018 by EV industry veterans Cameron Funk and Terry O’Day. With several additional operations across the U.S., and Canada, we are expanding our team as we lead the charge in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world.
Take Charge of Your Career
We are a group of bold, forward-thinkers with entrepreneurial spirit on a mission to leave the planet better than we found it. Here at InCharge, you’ll define your success. We provide the tools, flexibility, and evolving culture so that you can take charge of your career. You’ll have the chance to use your skills, knowledge, and experience to make a sustainable impact, joining our collective effort to solve the world’s most challenging energy problems.
InCharge Energy is seeking a Financial Analyst to work with our Vice President of Charging as a Service (CaaS) to support some of our marquis clients supporting their mission to electrify their fleets. As part of CaaS team, you will be working with various departments such as finance, operations, service, sales and outside partners to develop customized financial solutions for our customers. These solutions may include hardware, software, O&M, solar, battery storage, microgrids, and electric vehicles. If you are looking for a meaningful job in a fast-paced environment with room for advancement and fit the requirements below, we are looking forward to meeting you and finding the perfect position for your next career. The position is based in our Santa Monica, California, or Richmond, Virginia office.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Charging as a Service team, Sales, and Customers to build and create financial models for the InCharge as a Service product and complex offerings involving solar, batteries, utility programs, environmental and tax credits, software services, and fleet vehicles
- Support financial products and services including leases, loans, and other high-growth recurring revenue-related initiatives
- Run financial models to develop Charging as a Service offers and materials for customers. This may include the creation of business materials such as presentations, proposals, financial proformas, and TCO analysis
- Process customer credit checks and applications in a timely manner
- Support in the evaluation of outside financial partners to ensure the best terms and rates.
- Partner with the grants and incentives team to incorporate grants, rebates, incentives, and other revenue streams (e.g. carbon credits, RECs, tax credits, SGIP, etc.) into the finance strategy
- Strategize on ways to expand current customer pipeline and offerings. Work with marketing and sales to develop materials to support these new offerings
- Prepare materials for risk review. This may include coordination with the finance, legal, insurance, and risk teams on deal structure, asset ownership, ROI, cashflow, etc.
- Research industry trends, competitive products, and additional partnership opportunities with third-party partners
- Various other duties as needed
Your Experience and Capabilities
- 3-5+ years of experience in developing and managing financial models in EV charging, electric vehicles, fleet, renewable energy, or with a finance company preferred.
- Deep understanding of "as a service" and/or renewable energy PPA-like products and related accounting
- Ability to conduct TCO analysis and analyze utility rates (e.g. TOU, demand charges, etc.)
- Experience with renewable energy integration and/or microgrids is a plus
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to conceptualize, analyze, and prioritize complex business scenarios
- Solid written and verbal skills, with the ability to present to internal and external stakeholders
- Detail-oriented, good follow-through, able to multitask, and work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field. MBA a plus
- Passionate about electric transportation and clean energy
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.