InCharge Energy | We Bring the Power
InCharge Energy is an energy solutions company on the frontlines of large-scale emissions reduction, accelerating the electrification of the transportation industry – one commercial fleet at a time. As a leading provider of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, service, and software solutions to commercial fleets, we equip fleet managers with turnkey solutions for a seamless transition to EVs.
Headquartered in the world’s first zero-emissions delivery zone in Santa Monica, California, InCharge Energy was founded in 2018 by EV industry veterans Cameron Funk and Terry O’Day. With several additional operations across the U.S., and Canada, we are expanding our team as we lead the charge in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world.
Take Charge of Your Career
We are a group of bold, forward-thinkers with entrepreneurial spirit on a mission to leave the planet better than we found it. Here at InCharge, you’ll define your success. We provide the tools, flexibility, and evolving culture so that you can take charge of your career. You’ll have the chance to use your skills, knowledge, and experience to make a sustainable impact, joining our collective effort to solve the world’s most challenging energy problems.
InCharge Energy is looking for an Electrical Infrastructure Design Engineer in Richmond, Viginia who will help us with both EV fleet infrastructure site designs and advance our EV Charging products, systems, and applications. On a daily basis, you will carry out various engineering tasks, such as performing Electrical Engineering calculations, converting field sketches into construction drawing packages, as well as research to ensure our systems meet the various IOCC, NFPA, CSA, and UL standards.
What You'll Do
- Provide Engineering Design, review, and analysis of EV Charging infrastructure projects
- Manage engineering projects and deliver them on time Define customer needs and requirements
- Ensure that installations and applications are in line with customer needs and safety standards
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians to design and apply new system processes
- Perform quality and performance analysis on new and legacy depots we installed or maintain
- Summarize data and report on test results
- Examine needs on new equipment, calculate costs and help prepare budgets
- Monitor maintenance and inspection plans
- Willingness to mentor and train designers
Your Experience and Capabilities
- 3+ years of experience as an electrical engineer
- Hands-on experience using design and calculation software
- Deep knowledge of electrical manufacturing processes
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards
- AutoCad experience required
- Problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A PE stamp in at least two states, and willingness to obtain in more states
- Experience using energy calculation software like SKM or Easypower
- NFPA-70e risk analysis experience, (Arc Flash Studies)
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.