InCharge Energy | We Bring the Power
InCharge Energy is an energy solutions company on the frontlines of large-scale emissions reduction, accelerating the electrification of the transportation industry – one commercial fleet at a time. As a leading provider of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, service, and software solutions to commercial fleets, we equip fleet managers with turnkey solutions for a seamless transition to EVs.
Headquartered in the world’s first zero-emissions delivery zone in Santa Monica, California, InCharge Energy was founded in 2018 by EV industry veterans Cameron Funk and Terry O’Day. With several additional operations across the U.S. and Canada, we are expanding our team as we lead the charge in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world.
Take Charge of Your Career
We are a group of bold, forward-thinkers with entrepreneurial spirit on a mission to leave the planet better than we found it. Here at InCharge, you’ll define your success. We provide the tools, flexibility, and evolving culture so that you can take charge of your career. You’ll have the chance to use your skills, knowledge, and experience to make a sustainable impact, joining our collective effort to solve the world’s most challenging energy problems.
As Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager, you will be accountable for the implementation of performance improvement programs and practices to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a provide a strong focus on the environment and sustainability throughout all sites. You will apply your in-depth HSE knowledge to offer advice, guidance and solutions to all U.S. and Canadian based facilities, as well as our Engineering, Construction and Field Service Teams in our organizational compliance with local, state and federal environment health and safety regulations.
What You’ll Do
- As a key member of the ICE Operations leadership team, you’ll design, develop, implement, and monitor occupational health, industrial hygiene and workforce safety procedures, processes, and programs in alignment with ICE/ABB policies, instructions, and standards.
- Design, develop and implement employee training programs regarding Safe working behaviors and compliance for all employees and contractors within the Facilities and jobsites.
- Accountable for investigating, auditing and reporting of all HSE incidents, including implementation of corrective actions. Continual building and maintaining of positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators.
- Directly support line managers and supervisors by conducting regular training and communicating effectively on all safety awareness programs to ensure all ICE USA/Canada leaders understand their obligations, liabilities, and compliance requirements in the daily performance of their roles
- Facilitate HSE risks assessment in collaboration with line managers, business leaders and team members.
- Lead continuous improvement projects, communicate and promote best practices, and ensure an exemplary health and safety culture.
Your Experience and Capabilities
- 5-7 years of demonstrated HSE experience in a multi-site facility environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certifications in Environmental Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering
- Strong project management skills are required with demonstrated capability in developing, implementing, communicating and training effective behavior-based Safety programs
- Must have experience investigating, assessing risk, reporting and implementing correction action of HSE incidents; Direct experience with safety program reporting and assessment tools such as SafeStart is a plus
- Experience providing environmental health and safety program compliance & reporting, and knowledge of the handling and disposal of hazardous chemicals and waste materials required
- Professional Certification (CSP, CIH, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization is a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.