InCharge Energy seeks a detail-oriented Director of Project Management to be responsible for the overall management and execution of construction projects. This includes the planning, design, and construction of new energy infrastructure and the maintenance and upgrade of existing assets. The Director of Construction will lead a team of project managers and engineers and will work closely with other departments such as finance, operations, and procurement to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest standards of quality and safety.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement construction strategy and plans for InCharge Energy, including the identification and acquisition of new projects.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of construction projects, from pre-construction planning to final commissioning and handover.
- Lead a team of project managers and engineers to ensure projects are executed on time, within budget, and to the highest standards of quality and safety
- Work closely with other departments such as finance, operations, and procurement to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest standards of quality and safety
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders, including contractors, suppliers, and regulatory bodies
Your Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or a related field
- 7-10 years of experience in construction management, with a proven track record of delivering large-scale construction projects on time and within budget
- Experience negotiating contracts with construction firms and/or clients is required
- Experience pricing and estimating projects that include electrical required
- Strong leadership, management, and communication skills
- Experience in the energy industry is a plus
- Strong project management skills and experience with project management software is a plus
- Strong understanding of relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to travel up to 25%
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation
- Use of Company Electric Vehicle
InCharge Energy | We Bring the Power
InCharge Energy is an energy solutions company on the frontlines of large-scale emissions reduction, accelerating the electrification of the transportation industry – one commercial fleet at a time. As a leading provider of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, service, and software solutions to commercial fleets, we equip fleet managers with turnkey solutions for a seamless transition to EVs.
Headquartered in the world’s first zero-emissions delivery zone in Santa Monica, California, InCharge Energy was founded in 2018 by EV industry veterans Cameron Funk and Terry O’Day. With several additional operations across the U.S., and Canada, we are expanding our team as we lead the charge in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world.
Take Charge of Your Career
We are a group of bold, forward-thinkers with entrepreneurial spirit on a mission to leave the planet better than we found it. Here at InCharge, you’ll define your success. We provide the tools, flexibility, and evolving culture so that you can take charge of your career. You’ll have the chance to use your skills, knowledge, and experience to make a sustainable impact, joining our collective effort to solve the world’s most challenging energy problems.
Equal Opportunity Employment
at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.