InCharge Energy | We Bring the Power
InCharge Energy is an energy solutions company on the frontlines of large-scale emissions reduction, accelerating the electrification of the transportation industry – one commercial fleet at a time. As a leading provider of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, service, and software solutions to commercial fleets, we equip fleet managers with turnkey solutions for a seamless transition to EVs.
Headquartered in the world’s first zero-emissions delivery zone in Santa Monica, California, InCharge Energy was founded in 2018 by EV industry veterans Cameron Funk and Terry O’Day. With several additional operations across the U.S. and Canada, we are expanding our team as we lead the charge in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world.
Take Charge of Your Career
We are a group of bold, forward-thinkers with entrepreneurial spirit on a mission to leave the planet better than we found it. Here at InCharge, you’ll define your success. We provide the tools, flexibility, and evolving culture so that you can take charge of your career. You’ll have the chance to use your skills, knowledge, and experience to make a sustainable impact, joining our collective effort to solve the world’s most challenging energy problems.
InCharge Energy is seeking a detail-oriented Electrical Construction Estimator to prepare and complete bid documents and cost estimates for electric vehicle charging projects. The Electrical Construction Estimator will control the production costs by collecting and studying information, evaluating bid specifications and drawings, and ensuring they know what is required to successfully bid and win the project.
What You’ll Do
- Quote and manage the installation and repair of chargers
- Prepare written work cost estimates for clients
- Prepare bid packages for subcontracted or outside services
- Gather pricing from suppliers and internal departments to price equipment, components, resources, and materials. Includes pricing all peripheral items, such as permits, bonds, equipment, etc.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and vendors
- Develop and maintain applicable resource information regarding products, vendors, requirements, etc.
Your Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in construction, electrical engineering, or another related field
- Must possess a valid electrician’s license
- 5+ years of electrical experience
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Experience and knowledge of Electric Vehicles preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and general estimating software
- Possess the ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills with ability to innovate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly organized
- Must be collaborative and team-oriented
- Ability to combine administrative skill with the technical knowledge of electrical maintenance to provide maximum job efficiency in the office and in the field
- Must possess the flexibility to prioritize based on changing needs and requirements
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.