InCharge Energy is seeking a solutions-oriented Software Product Manager to continue the development and maturation of the InControl software platform. This key role will own the product roadmap, working closely with the software development team, UX, the hardware team, internal stakeholders, and our customers to create significant and recurring enterprise value. This role will report directly to the Director of Digital Products and will report out of our Santa Monica, California office.
What You’ll Do
- Own the Product Manager responsibilities for our InControl Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product
- Product Owner responsibility with development teams on a day-to-day basis, including defining features and creating tickets for engineers and UX designers.
- Execute the vision and business goals set by the company and leadership, while reporting progress and proactively managing sprint ceremonies.
- Define features, establish priorities, set sprint goals, road mapping, and guide UX and development teams for efficient delivery of software releases
- Perform user acceptance testing, create feature documentation, training materials, release notes, and customer communications in coordination with our Product Marketing Manager
- Assist our sales team by performing product demonstrations for customers and partners.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our hardware/IoT team, sales, marketing, operations, and executive leadership, as well as software engineering, QA, and UX design
- Solicit, collect, and manage customer and stakeholder feedback
- Define clear requirements for development by performing own research, working directly with internal and external stakeholders to define the problem and solution boundaries
- Partner with marketing, sales, and other departments in the company to ensure proper positioning and evangelization of software products Build outstanding relationships with customers, partners, and business drivers
- Work closely with CTO and Director of Digital Products in developing software product strategy, roadmap updates, execution plans, and monitoring our development KPIs
Your Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or scientific field, preferably computer science, data science, or engineering, or related work experience. MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience building software and experience working on B2B/ Enterprise SaaS platforms
- Comfort with our tooling: Jira, Confluence, PowerPoint, Figma, MS Office suite
- A portfolio of your previous work is a plus
- Interest and/or experience in IoT, Electric Vehicles, Automotive/Transportation, and/or Fleet Management
- Thorough understanding and real-world experience with Agile development methodologies and best practices are required.
- Experience in partnering effectively with off-shore teams.
- Strong analytical skills and fluency with data and statistics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with teams across the organization
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Value autonomy and ability to take ownership of projects
- Experience in user research and user testing is a plus
- Must possess a goal-driven mindset
- Willingness to learn new concepts at a fast pace
- Have a “do it today” and “let’s solve the problem” attitude, with willingness to share other duties as required by the team
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.