InCharge Energy | We Bring the Power
InCharge Energy is an energy solutions company on the frontlines of large-scale emissions reduction, accelerating the electrification of the transportation industry – one commercial fleet at a time. As a leading provider of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, service and software solutions to commercial fleets, we equip fleet managers with turnkey solutions for a seamless transition to EVs.
Headquartered in the world’s first zero-emissions delivery zone in Santa Monica, California, InCharge Energy was founded in 2018 by EV industry veterans Cameron Funk and Terry O’Day. With several additional operations across the U.S. and Canada, we are expanding our team as we lead the charge in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world.
Take Charge of Your Career
We are a group of bold, forward-thinkers with entrepreneurial spirit on a mission to leave the planet better than we found it. Here at InCharge, you’ll define your success. We provide the tools, flexibility, and evolving culture so that you can take charge of your career. You’ll have the chance to use your skills, knowledge, and experience to make a sustainable impact, joining our collective effort to solve the world’s most challenging energy problems.
InCharge Energy seeking a highly organized Billing Specialist to prepare invoices and provide billing support for our service and operations departments. As a part of the Finance/Accounting team, you will report directly to the Project Controller out of our Richmond, Virginia office.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare and submit invoices in an organized and timely manner, following customer guidelines and adhering to a complex invoicing structure
- Collaborate with multiple departments to accurately prepare, adjust, and verify pre-bill documents before invoicing
- Understand and perform complex billing that includes a variety of fee structures
- Identify and monitor unbilled shipments and projects
- Develop, plan, and implement daily, weekly, and monthly reports for leadership
- Data entry and system adjustments using Salesforce and QuickBooks
- Research client invoice inquiries and prepare billing adjustments • Log and track vendor issues, billing discrepancies, as well as project and service requests
- Other special projects as needed
Your Experience and Capabilities
- 2-5+ years of experience in billing, AP/AR, or accounting
- Must possess an enterprising, self-starter attitude
- Adaptable to the changing dynamics of start-up business strategy
- Proven working experience in accounting
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Detailed follow through, every time, every client
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working experience with QuickBooks or similar financial management system
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Experience in the EV Charging industry is a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.