InCharge Energy | We Bring the Power
InCharge Energy is an energy solutions company on the frontlines of large-scale emissions reduction, accelerating the electrification of the transportation industry – one commercial fleet at a time. As a leading provider of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, service, and software solutions to commercial fleets, we equip fleet managers with turnkey solutions for a seamless transition to EVs.
Headquartered in the world’s first zero-emissions delivery zone in Santa Monica, California, InCharge Energy was founded in 2018 by EV industry veterans Cameron Funk and Terry O’Day. With several additional operations across the U.S. and Canada, we are expanding our team as we lead the charge in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world.
Take Charge of Your Career
We are a group of bold, forward-thinkers with entrepreneurial spirit on a mission to leave the planet better than we found it. Here at InCharge, you’ll define your success. We provide the tools, flexibility, and evolving culture so that you can take charge of your career. You’ll have the chance to use your skills, knowledge, and experience to make a sustainable impact, joining our collective effort to solve the world’s most challenging energy problems.
InCharge Energy is seeking a tech-savvy Customer Support Specialist to manage customer cases for electric vehicle (EV) chargers, acting as Tier 1 Support. The Customer Support Specialist will handle the initial troubleshooting of EV charging assets and proactively create service requests for the operations team as necessary. They will manage all charging issue cases in Salesforce for InCharge and its customers. As part of the Support team, you will report directly to the Director of Service and work closely with internal and external customers. This role will be based out of our Richmond, Virginia office.
What You’ll Do
- Provide Tier 1 level support via phone, computer, and through our ticketing system for issues relating to electric vehicle (EV) chargers • Support the filed case management in Salesforce with a pre-analysis and necessary ticket routing/escalation
- Troubleshoot EV chargers remotely on the InControl network
- Route incoming calls to various departments • Make decisions quickly, sometimes with limited information
- Provide live support for technicians performing field commissioning
- Responds promptly to escalations received from key customers
- Work on a rotating schedule with team members for after-hours calls for Service Level Agreement (SLA) customers
- Review work log, customer feedback periodically with team and other analysts and technicians, to identify and act on opportunities for improvement
Your Experience and Capabilities
- 2+ years of experience in customer support role requiring troubleshooting and diagnosing an issue
- Strong customer service ethic
- Possess an enterprising, self-starter attitude
- Adaptable to the changing dynamics of start-up business strategy
- Proven working experience in customer service with ticketing software
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Detailed follow through, every time, every client
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Salesforce and Zendesk experience is a plus
- Experience in the EV Charging industry is a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.