InCharge Energy | We Bring the Power
InCharge Energy is an energy solutions company on the frontlines of large-scale emissions reduction, accelerating the electrification of the transportation industry – one commercial fleet at a time. As a leading provider of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, service and software solutions to commercial fleets, we equip fleet managers with turnkey solutions for a seamless transition to EVs.
Headquartered in the world’s first zero-emissions delivery zone in Santa Monica, California, InCharge Energy was founded in 2018 by EV industry veterans Cameron Funk and Terry O’Day. With several additional operations across the U.S. and Canada, we are expanding our team as we lead the charge in one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
Take Charge of Your Career
We are a group of bold, forward-thinkers with entrepreneurial spirit on a mission to leave the planet better than we found it. Here at InCharge, you’ll define your success. We provide the tools, flexibility and evolving culture so that you can take charge of your career. You’ll have the chance to use your skills, knowledge and experience to make a sustainable impact, joining our collective effort to solve the world’s most challenging energy problems.
At InCharge, we owe our success to the efficiency of organizational processes. To help maintain and grow this standard, we’re seeking an experienced Production Manager to oversee daily activities in our Richmond office. The ideal candidate will have a sharp business mind and proven success managing construction, service or production teams. Additionally, they’ll display a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within their team. Their ultimate responsibility is to drive operational process under OSHA required safety measures on track.
The Production Manager is responsible for executing on the weekly and daily production schedules for building finished goods at our commissioning facility including accommodating for the needs of special projects by the R&D Team. The Production Manager needs to be highly organized and understand the processes that drive a supply chain, as well as production constraints at the manufacturing facility and potentially organizing all outbound shipments.
Working with Supply Chain Lead, Production Scheduler, and Warehouse Lead, it is their responsibility to manage the build schedule for multiple production lines, while considering current inventory, lead times, and production capacity. In addition, this position is expected to maintain the highest safety standards according to all federal or local requirements as well as assuring ISO-9001 compliance. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with taking a leadership role in building consensus among several parties, including at times conflict resolution among various functions. The Production Manager will report directly to the Director of Product and Services.
What You’ll Do
- Lead, motivate, and support a large team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment, including career development plans for all direct reports and problem resolution
- Manage data collection for updating operations metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent (internal & external) customer service
- Report on and escalate weekly progress, status of inventory, delivery schedule, technical issues, process hurdles and inefficiencies with exact description and improvement recommendations
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve proprietary tools and systems
- Work closely with legal and safety departments to ensure that activities remain compliant
- Overlay Demand and Supply needs and develop a weekly and daily commissioning schedule
- Review and adjust schedule weekly for continuously changing demands
- Manage and oversee the tracking of weekly inventory levels and materials
- Verify with stakeholders that inventory is accurate and report stock levels
- Collaborate with members of the Technology Department to discuss material needs, operations and sales team to collect shipping needs, and supply chain to gain insights and provide feedback for incoming material
Your Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in production/manufacturing management/supply chain or equivalent work experience
- 5 years+ of proven experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control of production
- Highly trained in conflict management and business negotiation processes Knowledge of general business software and an aptitude for learning new applications
- Exceptional computer skills: ERP (SAP, EPICOR), Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate across multiple departments and through multiple levels of the organization Demonstrated influencing, negotiating, and conflict management skills
- Strong working knowledge of effective supply chain performance including supply planning, customer service, supplier and asset management
- Strong passion for creating process and systems improvement
- Strong experience with OSHA and ISO-9001 requirements
- Experience in the power electronics, auto industry, or other commercial-grade, high-reliability product development
- Experience in bringing technology products to market in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 20%
What We Offer
Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) matching contribution, health, dental, and vision, cell phone reimbursement, and unlimited vacation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at InCharge Energy is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.