In-Charge Energy is an energy solutions company that is accelerating electrification of transportation by providing a comprehensive, scalable electric fleet charging infrastructure solutions. We tailor our systems to private and public commercial fleets, electric vehicle OEMs, ride-share operators, municipalities, and commercial facilities owners. The founding team is the most experienced team in EV charging, with executive leadership from Tesla, NRG Energy, EVgo, ABM, innogy eMobility, Ford Motor Company, Honeywell and Edison International. The company concluded a Series A fundraising round in January 2020 with Macquarie Capital, the world’s largest infrastructure asset manager, and ABB, the global electrical equipment leader.
In-Charge, a high-growth company in vehicle fleet electrification, seeks a Lead Quality Assurance Engineer. The selected candidate will be responsible for establishing an efficient QA process that can be scaled and evolved as the company changes, leading the QA team, and creating/adjusting test plans, scripts, and templates for testing documentation.
- Gain knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the system and internal processes through troubleshooting and reproducing customer-reported issues.
- Formulate and implement QA standards, best practices, strategic plans, organizational policies, and processes, focusing on product stability, performance, and scalability.
- Coordinate and schedule test execution across different environments, releases, and teams to avoid conflicts.
- Lead and mentor team members, and share knowledge to make sure QA staff meets technical qualifications required for their positions, to run unit, functional, automated, performance, stress, and acceptance tests
- Unblock your team and keep things moving whether that is through technical guidance or working closely with the right people for additional help.
- Deliver regular reports that provide qualitative and quantitative descriptions of development quality and platform performance, including quality metrics, time-to-close, and defects rate.
- Participate in RCA post-mortem reviews and make changes to test strategy, test plans, and test scripts based on the results.
- Provide hands-on test support when necessary to verify front-end and back-end changes, user workflows, database, API, security, performance, and browser queries.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's in software design, engineering, computer science or equivalent technical field.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
· 3+ years of professional working experience with various testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies.
· Demonstrated experience working as a QA leader with multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Proven knowledge of managing test schedules, setting direction and priorities, providing estimates, and creating performance test plans for complex SaaS web projects.
· Expertise in the usage of bug tracking and test management tools (JIRA and TestRails)
· Experience with testing distributed infrastructure tools and APIs (GraphQL)
· Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology and how QA functions within it
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k Match
- Unlimited paid vacation