In-Charge Energy is an energy solutions company that is accelerating electrification of transportation by providing a comprehensive, scalable electric fleet charging infrastructure solutions. We tailor our systems to private and public commercial fleets, electric vehicle OEMs, ride-share operators, municipalities, and commercial facilities owners. The founding team is the most experienced team in EV charging, with executive leadership from Tesla, NRG Energy, EVgo, ABM, innogy eMobility, Ford Motor Company, Honeywell and Edison International. The company concluded a Series A fundraising round in January 2020 with Macquarie Capital, the world’s largest infrastructure asset manager, and ABB, the global electrical equipment leader.
In-Charge, a high-growth company in vehicle fleet electrification, seeks a Senior Backend Engineer with experience building GraphQL APIs with Elixir. You care about security, code quality, scalability, performance, and simplicity. You are willing to take on challenges, be highly motivated and work effectively both on a team and independently.
Qualified candidates will be required to complete a test as part of the interviewing process. Only serious, confident, and talented engineers need to apply.
· Build and deploy production web applications in Elixir and Phoenix, with SQL and GraphQL
· Collaborate with product and experience teams to define and prototype feature specifications.
· Design, build, analyze and fix large-scale distributed systems.
· Engage in service capacity and demand planning, software performance analysis, tuning and optimization.
· Enthusiasm for code quality and maintaining codebase and system health
· Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards.
· Work closely with the infrastructure team in building and scaling back-end services as well as performing root cause analysis investigations.
· Naturally, you unit test your code before submitting it for review. In addition, you work with the test engineers on the team to discuss test plans and any issues they may discover.
· As part of an agile software development team, you join daily standups, sprint meetings and retro's.
· You believe maintaining a high quality level is key to staying productive. Since our solutions are used around the world in business critical services, cyber security is always in the back of your mind.
· You provide transparent insight into your status and progress to the Lead Engineer, so (s)he can manage risks and issues.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor or Masters-degree in Computer Science or a related field.
· 5+ years of overall software engineering experience.
· 3+ years of strong proficiency in Elixir, Phoenix, Ecto, etc
· 1+ year of experience of designing APIs (GraphQL and gRPC) with proper documentation
· 1+ year of experience with RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS, Kubernetes
· Good knowledge of micro-service architecture
· Preferred to have experience with Helm charts, CI/CD, Cassandra, AWS Redshift, GO, Python
· Hands on with Genservers, Tasks, Agents, Supervisors, and other OTP concepts in Elixir.
· Should have good awareness of concepts such as pattern matching, recursion, and behaviors.
· Regularly practice test-driven development & pair programming
· Will to design and maintain large scale distributed systems.
· Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
· Good base knowledge on topics like multithreading, Data-structures, optimizing algorithms and web-based communication protocols.
· An interest in practical software development in a modern cloud platform.
· You are willing to work in a team spreading different countries and technologies and are clear in verbal and written communication in English.
· Open-minded team player, willing to accept feedback and offer suggestions
- This is a full-time exempt position based in our Santa Monica HQ and reports to the Director of Software Engineering.
- For the right candidate, the position may allow partial tele-commute option within Greater LA and Orange County areas.
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Unlimited paid vacation