InCharge Energy is on the frontlines of large-scale emissions reduction, accelerating the electrification of the transportation industry – one commercial fleet at a time. With end-to-end, turnkey solutions for commercial EV infrastructure projects, InCharge Energy equips fleet managers with the top brands in charging hardware and software; customized hardware and software products; short-, mid- and long-range plans for seamless fleet and facilities transition to EVs; financing; and maintenance and corrective repairs over the life of the charging assets. InCharge develops innovative hardware, software and services designed and engineered specifically for fleets, such as service-dispatch-integrated software, fleet-management-integrated software, electricity load management, durable cable management products and high-reliability maintenance, repair and warranty services. Whether a fleet has 200 sedans or 20,000 Class 8 trucks, the team at InCharge serves a diverse clientele throughout North America, including major commercial fleets, truck and bus manufacturers, rideshare operators, EV manufacturers, school districts, municipalities and facilities owners, among many others.
InCharge Energy, a high-growth p company in vehicle fleet electrification, seeks a Software UX Designer with proven skills in SaaS Application UX design to continue the buildup and delivery of their In-Control software platform. We are looking for candidates with real world experience on software applications, not website design. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this key role will be interacting with the product management and development teams daily to develop and improve our overall user experience and customer journey, to create significant and recurring enterprise value.
- Full UX responsibility for In-Control (Software) product line.
- Work with product and remote development teams on a day-to-day basis.
- Execute the vision and business goals set by the company and leadership, while reporting progress and proactively managing huddles.
- Manage all UX related work including developing controls needed for features, establish priorities, hit sprint goals, answering UX related questions to software development teams for efficient delivery of software releases.
- Perform UAT before every release to make sure customer experience is consistent between releases.
- Hold responsibility for the entire customer journey – on and around the software.
- Document company processes and find ways to constantly improve overall experience.
- Define clear UX mockups for development by performing own research, working directly with internal and external stakeholders for their insights and feedback.
- Partner with marketing, sales, and other departments in the company to keep customer experience at optimal levels.
- Build outstanding relationships with customers, partners, and business drivers.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's in Science, Commerce, or Arts.
- Formal certification in Software UX/UI design.
- Knowledge of main and modern guidelines such as Material UI, Bootstrap UI, Apple and Google UX guidelines
- Help document user guides and manuals, release notes, communication emails.
- Active on understanding and following up on industry leading UX principles and practices.
- Highly Proficient (master) with UX design software like Figma, flow charting software like LucidChart, Miro, presentation tools like PowerPoints.
- 3 to 5 years of UX industry experience in a software company, preferably on Enterprise SaaS platforms (submit a portfolio of your previous work).
- Electric Vehicles and/or Fleet Management industry experience is a plus.
- Previous experience working directly with software development teams is a MUST for this role.
- Through understanding and real-world experience of software product management practices and development methodologies are required.
- KPI driven mindset and willingness to learn new concepts at a fast pace.
- Strong communication, analytical, and experience in partnering effectively with cross-functional and off-shore teams.
- Have a “do it today” and “let’s solve the problem” attitude, with willingness to share other duties as required by the team.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
Unlimited paid vacation