InCharge Energy is on the frontlines of large-scale emissions reduction, accelerating the electrification of the transportation industry – one commercial fleet at a time. With end-to-end, turnkey solutions for commercial EV infrastructure projects, InCharge Energy equips fleet managers with the top brands in charging hardware and software; customized hardware and software products; short-, mid- and long-range plans for seamless fleet and facilities transition to EVs; financing; and maintenance and corrective repairs over the life of the charging assets. InCharge develops innovative hardware, software and services designed and engineered specifically for fleets, such as service-dispatch-integrated software, fleet-management-integrated software, electricity load management, durable cable management products and high-reliability maintenance, repair and warranty services. Whether a fleet has 200 sedans or 20,000 Class 8 trucks, the team at InCharge serves a diverse clientele throughout North America, including major commercial fleets, truck and bus manufacturers, rideshare operators, EV manufacturers, school districts, municipalities and facilities owners, among many others.
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that In-Charge’s EV charging hardware portfolio fulfills the customer needs by complementing the existing product line. This means that specifications for EVSE and auxiliary equipment are developed to meet [future] market needs and that these are delivered accordingly. The candidate will steer supplier development efforts and ensure requirements from sales and business development are implemented. Additionally, the EVSE functions need to be translated into business relevant language and documentation to ensure that sales and operations can smoothly bring the product to market. The candidate must be technically savvy, possess a big-picture vision, and have the ability to drive and make a product vision a reality. They also must be skilled in writing (e.g. Product Requirement Documents, etc), building business cases, presentations, negotiating (internal and external), and general communication skills.
The Product Engineer will report directly to the Director Product and Services.
Be the Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) for:
- Support the mechanical design of EVSE and auxiliary equipment and integration into current product lines
- Define product use cases and analyze the requirements to meet such use cases.
- Manage the product requirements throughout the product and project lifecycles.
- Support ongoing and new initiatives including functional documentation of existing applications, contributing to the development of functional requirements for new applications and enhancements and participating in activities throughout the project life cycle.
- Work cross-functionally with internal team members.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop product
- Plan, organize, and monitor requirements specification
- Work with Hardware Development team members, Software Product Managers, and the Software Development team to implement the solutions and perform system testing and data validations where needed
- Provide the needed technical details for specification sheets
- Create and maintain Service Work Instructions and manuals
- Manage suppliers on deliverables and timeline
- The members of the Technology Department (which you will be part of) to discuss technical concepts and refine and finalize requirements
- The operations and sales team to collect requirements provide product expertise and documentation during the installation and sales processes
- Suppliers that will build what you came up with
Report on and Escalate:
- Weekly progress and status of product development and product launch initiatives
- Technical issues, process hurdles and inefficiencies with exact description and improvement recommendations
- A passion for quality and ensuring that world-class products are delivered according to the customer’s requirements
- Self-motivated and adaptable person with a strong service orientation and “do what it takes” attitude
- An excellent ability to work with and communicate across cross-functional teams
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Design degree
- Experiences with CAD-Program (i.e. AutoCAD, Solid Works)
- Experience in the power electronics, auto industry or other commercial-grade, high-reliability product development
- Experience in bringing technology products to market in a fast-paced environment
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Travel: up to 30%