InCharge Energy is on the frontlines of large-scale emissions reduction, accelerating the electrification of the transportation industry – one commercial fleet at a time. With end-to-end, turnkey solutions for commercial EV infrastructure projects, InCharge Energy equips fleet managers with the top brands in charging hardware and software; customized hardware and software products; short-, mid- and long-range plans for seamless fleet and facilities transition to EVs; financing; and maintenance and corrective repairs over the life of the charging assets. InCharge develops innovative hardware, software and services designed and engineered specifically for fleets, such as service-dispatch-integrated software, fleet-management-integrated software, electricity load management, durable cable management products and high-reliability maintenance, repair and warranty services. Whether a fleet has 200 sedans or 20,000 Class 8 trucks, the team at InCharge serves a diverse clientele throughout North America, including major commercial fleets, truck and bus manufacturers, rideshare operators, EV manufacturers, school districts, municipalities and facilities owners, among many others.
We are looking for an Electrical Infrastructure Design Engineer located in Richmond, Virginia who will help us with both EV fleet infrastructure site designs and advance our EV Charging products, systems, and applications. On a daily basis, you will carry out various engineering tasks, such as performing Electrical Engineering calculations, and convert field sketches into construction drawing packages, as well as research to ensure our systems meet the various IOCC, NFPA, CSA and UL standards.
- Provide Engineering Design, review, and analysis of EV Charging infrastructure projects.
- Manage engineering projects and deliver them on time
- Define customer needs and requirements
- Ensure that installations and applications are in line with customer needs and safety standards
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians to design and apply new system processes
- Perform quality and performance analysis on new and legacy depots we installed or maintain.
- Summarize data and report on test results
- Examine needs on new equipment, calculate costs and help prepare budgets
- Monitor maintenance and inspection plans
- Willingness to mentor and train designers
- Proven expertise as an electrical engineer
- Hands-on experience using design and calculation software
- Deep knowledge of electrical manufacturing processes
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards
- AutoCad, experience a must
- Problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A PE stamp in at least two states, and willingness to obtain in more states.
- Experience using a energy calculation software like SKM or Easypower.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision,401k
Unlimited paid vacation