InCharge Energy is on the frontlines of large-scale emissions reduction, accelerating the electrification of the transportation industry – one commercial fleet at a time. With end-to-end, turnkey solutions for commercial EV infrastructure projects, InCharge Energy equips fleet managers with the top brands in charging hardware and software; customized hardware and software products; short-, mid- and long-range plans for seamless fleet and facilities transition to EVs; financing; and maintenance and corrective repairs over the life of the charging assets. InCharge develops innovative hardware, software and services designed and engineered specifically for fleets, such as service-dispatch-integrated software, fleet-management-integrated software, electricity load management, durable cable management products and high-reliability maintenance, repair and warranty services. Whether a fleet has 200 sedans or 20,000 Class 8 trucks, the team at InCharge serves a diverse clientele throughout North America, including major commercial fleets, truck and bus manufacturers, rideshare operators, EV manufacturers, school districts, municipalities and facilities owners, among many others.
InCharge, a high-growth p company in vehicle fleet electrification, seeks a Software Quality Assurance Engineer. The selected candidate will maintain a complaint and nonconformance processing through tracking systems, including root cause and corrective actions. Will generate and adjust test plans, apply both black-box and grey-box testing, utilizing data and automated testing.
- Perform a variety of testing types across multiple features - exploratory testing, requirements-based testing, and ad hoc testing and regression testing, etc.
- Analyze and investigate product complaints or reported quality issues to ensure closure in accordance with company guidelines and external regulatory requirements
- Develop in-depth understanding of systems/area under their ownership and communicate progress, status, and risks. Requires a deep understanding of system architecture and implementation.
- Monitor risk-management procedures and maintain and analyze problem logs to identify and report recurring issues to product development team.
- Plan, execute and oversee inspection and testing of tasks to confirm quality conformance to specifications and quality deliverables.
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s in software design, engineering, computer science or equivalent technical field.
- 3+ years of professional working experience with various testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies.
- 1+ year experience with Graphiql and Swagger for API testing.
- Experience with SQL and Сharles (or Fiddler).
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology and how QA functions within it.
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices, and defect management practice
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures.
- This is a full-time exempt position based in our Santa Monica HQ and reports to the VP of Software Engineering.
- For the right candidate, the position may allow partial tele-commute option within Greater LA and Orange County areas.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
Unlimited paid vacation