OPT Industries (http://optindustries.com) is a rapidly growing, venture-backed MIT spinoff company that is focused on building the next generation of additive manufacturing technology. Working at the intersection of automation engineering, computational design, and polymer science, we design and commercially manufacture highly customizable materials and products – everything from medical devices to luxury fashion.
This position is located in Medford, MA.
Responsible for designing and leading engineering projects with focus on both new equipment development/design as well as managing all technical aspects related to continuous improvement initiatives, new equipment installation and ongoing maintenance (corrective and preventative maintenance).
· Leads new equipment development projects from concept to delivery.
· Engineering and technical lead for our proprietary 3D printing machines and post print (secondary) equipment and product processing. Responsible for ensuring equipment installation and performance meets or exceeds manufacturing requirements.
· Monitor and improve production processes to ensure they are operating efficiently and effectively. Trouble shoots and implements quick solutions to ensure production continuity is not disrupted.
· Analyze production data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for process optimization. Lead continuous improvement efforts from a process and equipment standpoint.
· Understands and drives compliance to GMP requirements as well as OSHA, ISO, and customer specific requirements.
· Mentor and train junior engineers and technicians to develop their skills and improve the overall performance of the manufacturing team.
· Partner with Platform (Software/Firmware) and R&D teams to develop new manufacturing capabilities and ensure that equipment is prepared for new design releases.
· Provides technical support to supply chain to ensure continuous and cost-effective supply of quality product components.
· BS Degree in Engineering discipline with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in relevant industry roles or Master’s with a minimum of 7 years’ experience.
· Demonstrated track record of leading new manufacturing equipment development projects from start to finish.
· A proven track record of cost reduction and work simplification.
· Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to quickly navigate complex data and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
• Preference for Experience working with:
o 3D printing equipment or optics systems used in a manufacturing setting.
o Internally developed equipment where external support may be minimal.
o High volume production manufactured by fully automated equipment.