About OPT Industries
OPT Industries (http://optindustries.com) is a rapidly growing, venture-backed MIT spinoff company that focuses on building the next generation of additive manufacturing technology. Working at the intersection of automation engineering, computational design and polymer science, we design and commercially manufacture highly customizable materials and products - everything from medical devices to luxury fashion.
Our mission is to transform products by taking an integrated approach from design to manufacturing. As we continue to expand our operation, we are looking for an experienced supply chain manager to accelerate the company operation. Candidates must be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills, and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, performance-minded team environment.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for leading the Supply Chain organization for enhancing and maintaining planning and inventory management systems to ensure customer delivery requirements are met. This role will be a leader within Operations, that will establish team direction, schedules, and key objectives by partnering with leadership in all functions to drive robust and safe equipment design, manufacturing processes, process deployment, and review, and to ensure meeting of customer expectations, including product design and safety specifications.
· Responsible for S&OP process standardization and consolidation, Evolving S&OP to IBP embedding GP and portfolio discussions.
· Responsible for forecast accuracy to gain marketing intelligence integrated with business strategy and upstream collaboration with global team to improve supply agility.
· Inventory management to avoid back order and customer risk for product portfolio.
· KPI control to align with Supply chain strategies.
· Support / lead projects related to Supply chain; help boost innovation culture and lead innovation projects within supply chain.
· Data management & improvement in systems (ERP, etc.) for planning and purchase order
· Maximize team velocity by removing barriers and reducing team context-switching.
· Assesses supplier capabilities through direct visits, technical discussions, directed testing and quality system audits.
· Partner with Commercial, Engineering, Quality, Regulatory, R&D, Marketing associates for prioritization and execution strategies.
· Proactively communicates quality issues to suppliers as needed through supplier quality system audits, supplier corrective action requests and technical discussions.
· Contributes and participates in supplier performance reviews.
· Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of supplier development quality program policies, procedures, and forms.
· Review and approve SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), QSPs (Quality System Procedures), Wis, and other applicable documents through document control system for conformance to regulations along with business SOPs.
· Stay up to date with technology and industry trends to continually drive innovation in our supply chain tools and processes.
· Complete adherence to local legislation and guidelines and implementation of company policies and procedures
· Cross function collaboration to ensure a high-level customer satisfaction
· Keep documentation for planning and PO related documents per SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) compliant to regulations.
· Support the Risk Management Process per ISO 14971 and construction / maintenance of the Risk Management File.
· Identifies and advises leadership on potential improvements to planning, inventory management, order management, and other supply chain systems.
· Champions 100% compliance to ISO regulations, company policies and SOP’s.
· Support continuous improvement of supply chain systems using LEAN tools (Kanban, Heijunka, etc.) and implementation of actions arising from continuous improvement events.
· Adhere to the Safety Code of Conduct & EHS policies and attend all required EHS training.
· 7+ years of supply chain management experience supporting manufacturing within a regulated industry.
· Bachelor’s Degree in applicable discipline, Master's Degree preferred
· APICS certification is preferred
· Working knowledge and implementation of supply chain systems such as Kanban, Min – Max, Heijunka, etc.
· Working knowledge and experience with GMP and ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and/or ISO 14971 preferred.
· Advanced computer skills, including statistical/data analysis, presentation, and report writing skills.
· Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
· Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
· Experience in change control.
· Experience in supplier quality management.
· Experience implementing and/or sustaining ERP system.
OPT Industries provides the following benefits to all full-time employees:
Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life and AD&D Insurance, Tax Free Commuter Benefits, 401k, and more.
OPT Industries is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.